My Charity Questions...

I know .. I know.. this stuff for a few is getting old.   For others, it's new breaking ground.  And if you're the Secretary of the Charity giving off the feeling to many that you're hiding something .. you tell everyone that I am.... what was the word .. oh yeah ....'obsessive' .  No I'm not;  My belief is I'm  blowing the whistle here.  If I'm barking up the wrong tree, someone out there please provide the facts so we can all just move on?

My concerns historically are that folks were being told incorrectly they could do tax write-offs, by simply saying the funds went to Welch Charities.   Then, my concerns were that people were overpaying for an annual event and not questioning anything, because ... it went to a charity.  Third, having never been involved with a charity and previously only giving to large well known ones .. I was questioning the fuzzy math being used to brag about money raised.   Last, I questioned why taxes weren't being filed as they were supposed to be.   My questioning these.. and others along with me (a LOT of others that won't say it publicly for fear of retribution), brings about cries of Hating .. and bullying .. and .. yep.. obsessiveness.  Now, if the table was turned the secretary would be pounding his chest yelling " I told you  .. I warned you .... I NEVER GIVE UP!"   But... ... that's another story.

Okay .... lets jump in   What the hell am I talking about?  Well, if you attended the annual ride for the kids event up in MN during August, which eventually morphed into an Indian motorcycle event, you were told you could write most of it off.  You were told that anything you bought at auction could be written off on your taxes.  In fact, the exact words were .. your week would be 'virtually free!'  The whole week is FREE.   Well, that's not true, period, but what was said was " Despite from some of the Negative comments out there about the Charity and where the money goes and all the Taxes not being done. Please Remember that it being a 501c3, at the end of the year, those of you Participating will be getting a write off Form from the 501c3 which means this event at the end of the year will virtually be FREE. So please don't forget that.. "   People were even told that "Indian Bike Week" was free.  Well, that's not true either.  You couldn't get on the dealership property during the Saturday ride w/o paying for wrist band.  So, that's not a true statement.. but.. I digress.  For those that have kept up on my blog or know me well, know I've gone to Mexico twice with the Secretary.  That in itself is another situation that would require an entire subject of it's own to dissect but lets just say ...  I was told at one point to just write it off to Welch Charities.   I laughed it off but wondered how many other people did that and .. how many may have?   What the hell was I supposed to write off?  Was he going to send 'the kids' the left over Tequila I didn't drink, or ship them the tacos' I didn't finish?  Or ..was there something fishy going on here?   All I can say is .. I was told to take the write off because I was complaining about the 'high cost' of the trip.  Now, back to the auctions.  When you purchase something at auction, you were told to write it off against the charity.  But, we were not told what the actual value of what we bid on was later on, so you had not ability to write off the delta (maybe folks were writing the total off, incorrectly?  I mean if you won a bike there during their raffle that they got around the letter of the law with (another story), I guarantee you had to pay taxes on it!  But apparently, this weekend was virtually FREE!!! Can someone explain this one to me?  If so, maybe I'll retract my statement.  I'll provide a public apology.  Folks, I'm not a CPA, but I know bullshit when I see it.

My second concern is a mass sheep mentality was created due to this all being a charity that supported the kids.  So, if ANYONE questioned the price ... or where the money was going .. you were labeled a 'hater'.   Folks signed up in droves commenting publicly how awesome this all was .. for the kids!  Now .. I didn't see any kids during the week .. during the event. .. but . .they are out there.  I know because a small video of them always shows up and a few pics ...   all this after the posts of the the 60.. 80 .. 180.. 216k of funds raised.. FOR THE KIDS!   Now, in the beginning this all seemed to make sense to me. When I attended in 2012, the Sunday ride was the main charity ride.  It'd been going on for years.  Folks rolled in with a back pack full of school supplies and everything was collected and distributed later on.  I remember on year #2, I spent a few hours at target buy a couple of backpacks and supplies.  Guessing I spent about $75 that year; felt good!  Then you had the cost of the ride which included a shirt and a sandwich when you got back.  There was a cost for that .. seemed like it was $35 or $50..  I remember thinking it was a notch high .. but.. it was .... FOR THE KIDS!.  I was actually okay with it.  But as time went on, the event morphed and at the base of it all ... .was .. the charity.   So, if you questioned anything.. .blasphemy .. I guess you didn't care about .. kids?     Now, I've  never seen a breakout of all the funds or items that go to the kids. I'm confused how they could have received tens of thousands in pencils and papers.  Ive never seen a breakout .  I heard recently stores donated the backpacks.  Who knows what else what donated.  I've never seen a breakout. I've asked a lot of questions... but .. I've been labeled an obsessive hater; I guess we obsessive haters aren't privy to that info.  Well.. nobody is.  Have .. YOU .. seen that info?

The fuzzy math.   In the early days... I never questioned anything.  I always assumed everything was above board.  Hell, maybe it is today.  I wouldn't know because of the fuzzy math.  But back in the day it all seemed .. well .. good.   Three hundred or so bikes of all brands rolled in on Sunday, rode a 130 or so miles round trip,paid an entry .. brought gifts to bear, grabbed a bite .. and .. all was good.  Then the Saturday " Indian Only " ride was introduced and the beginning of the end .. began.   It was no longer about the Sunday Charity ride.. but .. the quantity of riders that showed.  The total of funds raised.  Suddenly it was about records.  About being the biggest . About being the best.  I remember being asked how many people attend the Branson IRIP rally?  I'd been asked " How many attended the Durango IIRA rally?  When the numbers came out I was told none of that mattered, it wasn't about that.  But ... it was.  Because in 2016 a Guinness record was plotted and achieved.  Now the two events I mentioned before were 4-7 day events with folks coming in to spend time with long time friends and to make new friends.  We're talking over a decade of history here; good times.   No records. No bragging.  But, this was the new norm.  I used to give the Secretary a hard time because he was on social media banging on getting folks signed up, announcing EVERY single person that signed up.  But .. apparently .. that's not what it was all about. It must have been for the .. kids?  Well, with the growth of the Indian based event came the rise of the funds.  No longer were folks there for one ride... it was three rides, each with a cost associated.  So the revenue at that point  .. tripled?  Then the bike giveaways ( i'm guessing the dealership 'sold' them to the charity? ), the raffles, the auctions..  a lot of money was raised. I know this because.. we had to read about it.   by 2016, it was actually impressive.   Something like 180k was raised. Now where it gets confusing for me is ..  I remember reading a few months later that the funds raised were actually up around 219k    Well, one thing that threw me off and raised some flags and questions for me was ..  If you raised  lets say .. $219k and it appears that only about 20% went to the charity recipients (if that) ...  where did the rest go?  Did that total include backpacks and supplies that were given to the charity?  I don't know.  I've never spoken to anyone that knows.  I've never seen a breakout.  However, I did comment publicly asking what the 'overhead' of the charity was.  Asked what the percentage was that actually went to the 'kids'.  And that folks .. is when shit went sideways. I soon was 'unfriended'.  Kicked out of the group that based around it all. So,  I still don't know. I've never spoken to anyone that does know.  And worse for 2017 the amount raised has NEVER been stated publicly!  Common sense would say that if you had more people attending than the previous year, the charity raised more?  But it has NEVER been announced?  Why?  Am I the ONLY one questioning this?   Well, I know I'm not.  I know a LOT of folks that have.  They've been threatened with Harassment Orders.   Legal fees have been an issue. They are targets on Social Media, with twisted lies/truths.  Hell, I myself have been put in the spotlight multiple times.   But every time the spotlight is shone upon this blog I believe more and more folks realize the truth. So, I continue on even though I've been threatened with legal recourse.  Recourse.. .for .. what?  Exposing the TRUTH?

The military angle.  I served this great nation for 20 years. As a Patriot, I still serve it today in a way of sorts.  I believe in it and would fight for it if ever called up.  I love this country and proud of it.  But certain things piss me off.  Stolen Valor is one historically.  The second is .. .. companies and charities that have angles to get our military folks to part with their hard earned money to support our military. But many times that support by the charity of company is minimal or... none.  And in this case, I believe that's an issue. I believe as do many others that for the last two years the charity pushed the military {and firefighters and law enforcement angle) for the sole benefit of raising more funds but not supporting the groups they should have.   When folks asked where the military money raised was going.. the charities answer was literally they didn't ' know . but .. d"id anyone have any ideas?"  I was in complete disbelief.   Now, I'm aware that $500 here or $500 there was given out.  but.. how about a complete breakout of where .. the funds went?  Money was collected by many of us for Shadow Warrior, USAF, Marines, Us Army , Navy , Police and FD.  Where.... did  it all go??  WHERE?   I have come to believe all this was leveraged to target our emotions, to raise more funds.  Simple as that.  And to be honest...at a personal level.. it pisses me off when someone whom  has never served this great nation in the military or via public service...   use methods like this.   I'm guilty; it PISSES me off.

Taxes.  I've been dragging my feet on this one.  Didn't want to touch it.  Why?  Because.. I hate to admit it .. I don't understand it.  I don't' get it.   Hell, I don't do my own taxes anymore due to some of the complexity of our tax code... but a LOT of folks have asked me the same questions I have here and no one has cracked the code, so I'll just put it out there.  Maybe one of you expert/gurus can help us out?  Few years ago I asked about the charity and taxes.  I was told verbally that in MN if you bring in less than $50k annually you don't have to do them.  I remember at the time thinking that ...  you should still have to file ..... something?   And I was thinking Federal; was wondering how MN law overrode Federal law.  But, I wasn't going to question a business owner that has been doing this for over a decade.   Hell, I don't even remember why I brought up the tax issue.  But, I did .. and that .. was the answer I got.    As the charity grew in revenue and it was brought up often on social media and conversations ... I did wonder one thing.   Who had the oversight on it?   I have a belief on Human Nature that I've been proven correct time and time again on; it's this.  If you take an honest person and put them in a situation where they could benefit if no one knew.. too often they will.  Example.  If you leave a $100 bill out on a counter...  with no security camera..  no witnesses .... sooner or later it's gone.  It could be at your home... at your business.. .. anywhere.  Sooner or later, it's gone.  And the person that took it may not believe they would ever do such a thing.  We would probably never believe they would do such a thing.  But I've learned as I've gotten older, people in desperate situations .. or folks that believe they'll never get caught... may .. cross the line..  Okay .. back to my subject.  As the charity revenue is going up, it's seems to be there is only ONE person overseeing the whole thing.  Now in hindsight,  I know there were two other people actually part of the charity.  However I have every reason to believe neither of them were actively involved.  So that means one person. And that is what raised my flag. That is what made me concerned.  And when the number is now six digits of revenue, one has to believe something is wrong if there is no accountability.  So, I asked.  And that question is one that began this journey of going from being 'close' to the whole thing to being on the outside and writing about it.  As far as I know today, there were never taxes filed for the 2014 and 2015 years.  The taxes for year 2016 I'll discuss in a minute but .. what about '14 and '15?  Don't those have to be filed before '16?  And if '16 was filed beforehand .. then .. where are the other other two?  Hell, shouldn't they go back to when the charity was conceived?  I don't know. I'm asking. I'm asking anyone whom knows.  I read on the IRS site that if a company doesn't file for three years in a row, they lose their status.  Does' filing just a '16 negate that and .. delay a process?

Okay .. what we do know.  Supposedly a 2016 was filed.  I say supposedly.... because... of what I see here.  The IRS didn't send this to me.  I don't have a signed original.  I just have this, what appears to be what was filed .. ... and what I see here, doesn't make sense to me.  Doesn't make sense to many that I've discussed it with. So, I'm asking for your help. Show us the light.....  Comments/posts like this are what raise flags for me and bring on questions:

 Few things jump out at me reading this (from 23JUL17).  First, EVERYONE was not welcome.  I was asked not to attend by the promoter due to my questioning.  Rick Dittel the previous IARG VP was served papers the week of the event to keep him from attending.   Now, we had no plans on attending, but  nonetheless...   we 'couldn't'.  Secondly, this states the 2014 and 2016 taxes were completed.  But, that's impossible.  The '16 taxes were not filed until at least the third of August, a week after this was posted. So, the above was an outright lie. Additionally, I've never seen a copy of the 2014 taxes, but if memory serves me correctly, he put out a screenshot somewhere that showed him under the magic number of $50k or $55k or something like that.  But, I have NEVER seen the 2015s nor has anyone I've spoken to on the subject.  If someones sends me a copy I'll be happy to post them.  Now... here .. is what jumps at me .  $219,000.00 for the 2016 event.  Folks, that's a lot of money.  Now, it's not the same number that was reported to Cyril Huze.  It's not the same number on the IRS Form 990. But, it's a lot of money.   I have no idea where it all came from, or where it all went.  But .. that's almost a quarter of a million dollars.  Which makes one wonder.. how much was raised for the 2017 event?   Anyone.. anyone?  It's never been announced.  The dealership that is tied to the charity is in receivership and this is potentially a quarter million dollars raised for the 2017 event.. but .. nothing mentioned.

Okay ... 2016's Form 990 from an online site: Charity Navigator.  The Welch Charities consist of Kathy Welch (President) , Arturo Eguia-Welch (Secretary) and Jackeline Eguia-Welch (treasurer).  Now, it was signed by the Secretary, with the title of President.  Was the CPA filling this all out, not paying attention(?)  .. but .. I'll let you figure that one out.   Actually, it doesn't really matter.  On the 1st of Sept of '17 Kathy Welch resigned from that position with Welch Charities and legally announced Welch Companies will no longer have an affiliation with the charity. All this was filed on the 21st of Sep '17 in Washington County, and beyond the scope of what we are discussing here. However, it's public information if anyone local feels the need to validate.  Back to the 990:  The Current year's contributions were $86k. Apparently there was about $25k left over from the previous year... .. now someone help me with the math.   You're thinking what I'm thinking, right? Well, here's why I'm not an accountant.  Debits and Credits give me a headache.  If you jump into Schedule III, the statement of Revenue we get $86k from fundraising events, and another $96k pops in for fundraising events ( aren't these the same?)  but now you've got $183k in direct expenses so now we have a loss of $86k but we get to add $21k of gaming expenses.. so .. it's only a $64k loss. Somewhere $15k in cash comes into the picture so that must be a good thing.   Schedule IV is where my lack of CPA skills shows. Total revenue of $21k, total expenses of $31k  we're now $9k in the hole, but the $25k from last year is a life saver so when the smoke clears.. there is $15k sitting in the bank.  Wait.. that's where that $15k previously came from? And now you know why I hire someone.  Wait.. there is more!!!  Part II is why the first part , makes no sense to me.  At least these numbers seem more valid.  $183k in gross receipts for the "Ride For School Supplies",  $86k in contributions ( contributions??? to WHAT?) .. leaves us with $96k. BUT.. we've now got $183k in direct expenses.  $183k?? for what??.  Whoops.. we're $86k in the hole.  Wait.. this is all backwards.. that 86k is what rolled up to the top.  So .. when the smoke clears.. there is $21k leftover.    Don't you just love the tax system?  Yes, I'm having fun with all this because the same crap drives me nuts.  A schedule somewhere rolls your numbers back to the top/first page.  Why is this important?  Because.. that top page and only a few others is what was showed on Social media.. not the entire 990 which is 35 pages in length.

So, help me out folks.

1. Where's the year 2015 990?
2.  Where's the $219k reported? 
3. Where is a breakout of all the expenses?  You know .. how much he payed the movie stars and how much were paid for the motorcycles that were 'raffled' off .... whoops.. wrong word...  you can't raffle off a bike in this situation. So, plan B was implemented.  . Apparently you don't have to show this on a 990.. but.. isn't anyone curious?  They don't do this for free...
4.  And, this is just me thinking out loud.  Shouldn't charities have to report their overhead costs or advertise them?  I know watchdog groups do it for us.  Maybe that's sort of what I'm doing here?  But, looking at the 990 I can't tell what went where.   Can you?   I mean from an outsider looking in, it raised $219k and gave out less than $40k in donations to the 'kids'.  If that is correct, only 18% goes to the 'kids'.   That is an 82% overhead. But that's assuming the numbers are correct.  Who's watching the money change hands?  Who has the books? Who's the third person on the Charity board now?

We have a comments section. If you know the answer, please provide it.  If you are concerned about your privacy and want to stay anonymous, that's fine.  The comments are moderated.  We wont share that info if you don't want us to; simply state that.

UPDATE December 2020

As of this writing, ONLY the 2014 990s are available. The IRS doesn't show ANYTHING after that date.  None for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019. Though there were no 'events', there was still revenue via eBay/PayPal.  Have NEVER seen a signed / submitted copy other than ... 2014.  Now funds are being taken in again for a supposed 2021 event and items sold off eBay that were paid for by the old dealership that went under and the previous charity donations.  But how can it be all run by a Charity .. that .. may only exist in name? Where are those funds 'really' going?

 



















Comments

Tim said…
Here is where I think EVERYONE who attended the event, myself included, were making HUGE assumptions. For every dollar given, one assumed those funds (around $235) went to Welch Charities. That is not the case.
1. The ONLY day geared towards "School Supplies for Kids" was the Sunday ride. Of which a small percentage of the dollars raised went to the kids. Part of the fee we paid covered the cost of the t-shirt (Duluth Trading shirts are not cheap and had to pay the cost to screen print each one). You cannot claim a donation for 100% of this ride because you got something in return.
2. Saturday's Guinness World Record Event was not a charity ride. The money collected paid for the Guinness guy to show up and count the bikes, talk a little and present the certificate. Paid for the video. Paid the celebrities who attended the event (they didn't do this on their own dime). A small amount went to the Shadow Warrior Project (I would guess most of the money he collected was for the sales of his book). Dinner provided that night in Stillwater/Grant/Lake Elmo and don't forget about the shop shirt. Those alone would cost us $35 - $50 depending on size with the screen print and numbered sleeve. You cannot claim a donation for 100% of this ride because you got something in return.
3. Saturday Auction Items, dunk tank or what not was not geared towards the charity. Maybe a portion when to the charity, but the rest went in the pocket or again to the celebrities. If you donated something to the auction, hope you got a receipt for the amount collected and as previously states, a small fraction went to school supplies.
4. Friday Indians Only Ride went towards the plated dinner (room, booze, food, etc), celebrities and don't forget out the t-shirt. Casino made some sort of donation, but not 100% of the cost. You cannot claim a donation for 100% of this ride because you got something in return.
This was just the 2016 event that I attended. For 2017, they added the Veteran's, Police, Fire and EMT ride. Again, you got a t-shirt and a box lunch so you cannot claim a donation for 100% of this ride because you got something in return. A total of $1,500 was given to the Police and Fire Departments. Where was the photo of money being donated to a Veteran's cause? This alone should piss off each and everyone of those who served. Question was asked early on on the Bike Week page and we were assured it would go somewhere.

Factor in the cost of the key chains, coins, horn covers, bags, badges, neck bandoleers, wrist bands and on and on, there is a shit-ton of overhead. Those who worked at the events volunteered their time, employees volunteered their time too. When you are stuffing bags, folding shirts, creating badges or answering Bike Week questions, you are not selling a bike. Then factor in the deep discounts for parts, accessories and bikes (I bought a bike at a discounted price), Bike Week was a money maker for sure. Not a large percentage went to the kids.

There are lots of questions and those answers are not forthcoming. What we witnessed was, if handled properly, something special. Could have raised the identity of Indian Motorcycles and left his mark. Now its all history. All we have left is a certificate, tshirt, shop shirt or photo(s) and the only mark left is a cloud of secrecy.

All who attended these events in the past deserve a true accounting of the amount collected, details of the dollars spent (clothing, knick knacks, celebs, videos, etc.) and how much went to the kids. THAT amount, the percentage donated is what we are allowed to deduct from our taxes. If you paid $235 and only 18% went to the kids, $42.30 is all we are able to add to the Charitable Contributions portion of our 1040.

If we continue to be attacked, called Haters, smeared on social media what does that tell you? All we want it to be proved wrong and if we are, I will openly admit I was wrong. I dont think I am.
Eliminate said…
How many friendships were destroyed because of this man? All for what? Asking a question that comes up with each and every charity out there. Where is my money and my work going. But if one asks this question, they are black listed, ostracized, and publicly ridiculed and attacked.

If he didn't like what you said in social media, he would litigate against you. I mean, who cares if you were actually correct in what you were saying, it will just cost you in the 5 digits to defend your right to. As for him? It was real easy to litigate against someone since he had free reign to attorneys as a perk of his relationship to his mother's tribe. If he was to actually lose litigation and be ordered to pay your attorney fees, he would just ignore that. Hell, he did that to the girl in Oklahoma and she has recently filed suit here in Minnesota for that.

But the friendships. Numerous friendships across the country have been irrevocably damaged beyond repair. People were made to choose sides. Either you believed what he was telling you and asked no questions or you didn't. But that simply was not enough in his eyes. Easiest way to deny something is to stop those that ask the questions. He was good at that. He was damn good at that. Now there are people across this country that will never speak with each other again. There are people that will never ride with each other again. All because they were forced to choose sides of a fight they did not want, nor did they need to be in.

I feel horrible for the employees that worked there. Forced to quit a job that pays the bills and puts meals on your tables with no certainty of where your next paycheck is coming from or work there and having to support said owner by default. Oh, have the employees received their 1099's or W-2s? No? Didn't think so.

All of this could have been avoided if transparency of the charity happened. Like was said before, people just wanted to know where their money is going. All that had to be provided was an accounting of that. If there is nothing to hide, why not provide it? Oh, and looking for actual accounting, not just one drawn up on the computer and not actually filed.
RickkciR said…
Both of you .. well said...

On a sort of 'positive' note... the saddest part for me was the destruction of friendships. And just as bad, the destruction of something that could have been for years to come to continue bringing people together.

I realize there has been talk of the event continuing on but lets be honest .. even if it did .. it'll never be what it was or could have been.

Me personally ... I question why the promoter would even want to. He's no longer part of the Indian Motorcycle community. He's no longer tied to the Native American community. And, it's questionable whether he's ever owned, or currently owns .. an Indian Motorcycle.

What would be the point?

The Good news is the IIRA, IARG (no longer related with the 'old' one) and the IMRG provide avenues to promote riding and friendships within the Indian Motorcycle Community
. . . said…
*yawn*

I read about three sentences, scrolled down to see how much you wrote. Holy balls ... didnt even care to read the rest... but what I appreciate it is all the time you're putting into writing. Are you doing that for charity? Lol
RickkciR said…
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That right there sums up the whole problem.
Tim said…
For some, myself included, it is therapeutic to put thoughts in words. Nothing wrong with it, it is what we choose to do. If you are bored, move on (i.e., *yawn*). Do something constructive with all the extra time you have on your hands. Since the answers so many of us are in search of are not getting answered, we will do what we can to get them answered.
. . . said…
I could easily answer all your questions however I'm actually quite amused at how much time you are putting into this, hours upon hours. I'm glad I give you guys something to do
RickkciR said…
I think we've covered it all. Maybe next, some of the MN guys will compile a timeline of arrest records and reports, law suits lost, lost suits in progress, etc. I don't currently see a reason to post any of it here. Well, unless you fuck over several hundred Indian owners come August? Saw the pre-registration in process last year. You even collecting money yet in '18? On the court stuff, maybe you could save us them time and forward it on or just post it on your FB for us? Lot of time on your hands up in the Great White North, since you had to Skip the Mexican Vaca?
. . . said…
I'd rather let you do all the work... :-)
Go get em tiger
Tim said…
None of this can be described as amusing... The reason so many hours are being spent is we are being asked what is going on, what is and is not the truth. They only know what they read, hear and see. Your personal/business life aside, what about those who spent time and effort helping you break a record? Everyone who attended your events thought you were doing a great thing and didn't even care to ask one question. A part of the Indian Motorcycle Community was with you and would still be excited to lend a hand, an hour, a day, week or a dollar. We know there are costs associated with the event, how much vs. donated is all inquiring minds want to know, that's it.
. . . said…
Then let them ask..... by identifying themselves, NOT in a public forum. NOT with fake names... Have them e mail. twincityindian@gmail.com
With their real names.. contact info other than e mail. All I see right now are three or four of you POSs... and make sure they participated the entire week and signed up for everything
RickkciR said…
Let me get this right. Over the last year or so, you have at least Five FB accounts you post from that I'm aware of. You've used your employees FB accounts to post and attack people publicly. You've used God knows how many fake numbers to text and/or call from. But, when folks are asking for clarification on a charity that we've all contributed to ... without a full name that isn't required within the system.... we are POSs. I've asked the questions. They are asking similar questions. But you want them to email an account that ties to a dealership that has closed it's door and is now defunct. I'm asking. I've asked privately and never got the answers. Now, we are asking publicly. Please feel free to share. We are simply asking for the complete tax returns and a breakout of how much money actually went to the supposed beneficiary's. A breakout of costs / expenses would be nice.
Unknown said…
Art..Art...Art... When is it going to stop? Your entire world has crashed around you. You have nothing. Even worse, you are nothing. More and more of your "supporters" run away by the week. You have destroyed more lives in the 48 years of your life than anyone I have had the miss-pleasure of meeting in the 60 years of mine. You lost "your" dealership, your house is on the market, your charity is being investigated, you have countless lawsuits coming your way and your true colors are finally coming out. All you do is point your finger at the "haters" and lie. Hell, the only exercise you get these days is running your mouth, jumping to conclusions and dancing around the questions that people are asking you, those size 44 pants must be getting fairly snug there buddy-boy. All in all, your downfall couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
Eliminate said…
These questions have been asked since late 2016. Ignored. When asked, you attacked and litigated against people.

Now you want to tell the truth if people say who they are?

We know how this will go. You will not answer a single thing and go after whoever is asking.

Your downfall started when you started to think you were smarter and better than all those who helped you through the years.
Indio Slayer said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indio Slayer said…
Welch, Why don't you just post your 990s for the past 4 years as you are required to by law!
You really should be ashamed of yourself! Conning a sweet lady into adopting you as an adult taking her for millions. Maybe you didn't have to con her, you appear to have special needs from everything that I have read on the internet. Most of it posted by you. You do seem to have a mental health problem.
The only thing that people don't know about you is what you have done with all of the charity money that they entrusted you with. Everyone has seen that you are an adulterer that you like to assault women. There have been women who have even complained that you have sexually harassed them. We the general public know way to much about you. EXCEPT where the charity money is/went.
Just come clean and go away!
. . . said…
With an idiotic response like this last one feel free to do your own investigating in your own home work. Please by all means spend hours upon hours looking for answers
Unknown said…
I just look forward to the day where his kids google his name, talk about rough questions to ask Dad...
Tim said…
Art, I thought you were better than resorting to name calling. I for one and not a PoS, I am an asshole, just ask my wife and friends. I was an ardent supporter and sometimes defender of yours. You and I had been able to have adult conversations at the shop, Buffalo Wild Wings and over FB Messenger. Until I made a personal decision to not attend Bike Week 2017, we were on speaking terms. Then, at your attorney's suggestion, I was out. Not a big deal, you explained why and I did not raise a stink (asshole remark, get it). No body is perfect, but I get the feeling you think you are. That's OK, I like myself as well. So, if a request is made to your newly created gmail account you will provide specific details for 2016 and 2017? Both years of which all rides were paid for. Contact info other than email, what do you want? Are we to expect a letter in the mail answering the questions? Since you have not read the blog(s) (remember your *yawn* comment), do we need to email you the info and our mailing address? When should those making said request see their answers?

Unknown said…
Then again, what do you care about what your kids think about you. It's not like you will be around anyway, they are no longer "props" to get more money out of that poor woman who adopted you...
. . . said…
hey Rick dittle it's pretty easy to figure out whose that shit maybe I should let them know you violated your restraining order.... and Tim I didn't think you were a piece of shit until I read the conversations you were having with Sue at the dealership when she left her Facebook up
Unknown said…
Oh Art, you poor silly bastard... Man, I feel bad for you. You lost it all. You lost your dealership, your house (it's for sale, no one is co-signing loans for you, dumbass), your respect, your employee's (many who defended you) and your life and soon your freedom (heard there is some tapes out there...) You will not win, you will lose, you will end up the penniless mess that your adoptive mother found you as. You are not even worth the skin you are wearing, I mean, who want's a balding, fat, woman beating, scamming, pile of shit in their life? Obviously not anyone who actually knows you! Haven't you realized, by your pathetic posts on FB, looking for attention (someone say something nice to me?) and throwing others under the bus that people realize who you really are? It must really be hard, Art, to wake up every day and be you. I can't even imagine what keeps you from just ending it so the people who once gave a shit can have closure. Are you even recognizing Isaac as yours or are you still claiming "guardianship"? Guess you forgot, you and I were in the Excursion after Jackie had him, I saw your "visitor pass", it said "Guardian" not "Father", I didn't say a word. You are a disgusting person, you have earned everything that is coming back to you. Sadly, you being you, you will only point and cry, claiming everyone else is out to get you, like the lying sociopath you are.

Oh, for the record, I can't wait to swim in your pool! When is the open house?

Which bridge are you going to move to when your house sells? Or will you claim that you moved somewhere nice, negating your role as buying a white suit and point to the sky proclaiming "Da Plane boss, Da Plane" you fat dwarf...God, I hope your kids grow up without you...
Unknown said…
Oh and no one left their FB pages up! Don't even try to pretend that's the case, Art! There is a reason your "team of lawyers" dropped you!
RickkciR said…
Wow....you are publicly admitting using Sue's FB account to look at private information. I had heard the stories, now you just confirmed them. I've even seen the screen shots. Been hearing a lot of ... "computer"....stories lately.
RickkciR said…
key·log·ger
ˈkēlôɡər/Submit
noun
a computer program that records every keystroke made by a computer user, especially in order to gain fraudulent access to passwords and other confidential information.
Eliminate said…
So if an employee leaves their Facebook page open that means you have the right to read their personal conversations? What in the ever living fuck is wrong with you to even use that as a justification? I mean we all know that is not the truth but whatever. Did that mean you had the right to send private messages with that account as well? Wait, I’ll answer that for you. Of course you think it does. Because you did.
Eliminate said…
As far as not providing the financial information on the charity. The IRS states that under IRC 6104 nonprofit organizations must make their three most recent annual returns publicly available.

But, ya know, fuck the IRS. Cause you don’t have to produce things you don’t file.
Unknown said…
What you have to realize is this...He was fired, he wasn't an employee when he did this. So Sue leaving her page open (which she didn't) is moot! He used a key logger on her and others to see what was going on...
Unknown said…
Oh and Art, when your realtor has an open house, I am going to clog your toilet. I can't wait!! I have your address set as a reminder for when it's available for a walk through!
RickkciR said…
“Since [narcissists] deep down feel themselves to be faultless, it is inevitable that when they are in conflict with the world they will invariably perceive the conflict as the world’s fault.”

—M. Scott Peck
. . . said…
*Yawn* bored now...
Tim said…
WOW - “and Tim I didn't think you were a piece of shit until I read the conversations you were having with Sue at the dealership when she left her Facebook up”. I got a call a couple weeks ago letting me know this was a possibility, but you just confirmed it actually happened. Alright, will add PoS to my vest patches. hey art, whatever factual data has been presented in this and the other blogs you don't read (remember *yawn*) is accurate not matter who said it. By some of the language used in this blog, there are a few who are voicing their frustration with what they see as a big old F-U! I sit back, shake my head and chuckle. Not because its funny. It is sad. It is sad to see the death spiral from having the Indian Motorcycle Community wanting you to succeed; to wanting to see you fail. No one saw the dealership closing because of an ownership dispute, going into receivership and eventually a new name gracing the building on Hudson Rd. As we hear, "It is what it is."
Back to the PoS designation. When I got the notice Sue's FB Messenger was hacked (confirmed by you), I went through the conversation we had starting on 9/24. I see basically one comment about wanting to see your new digs and it be a public event covered by tv. Yep, you busted me, congrats.
Well, while you are not wasting your time reading this blog (remember *yawn) I will wait until you answer the following: Contact info other than email, what do you want? Are we to expect a letter in the mail answering the questions? Do we need to email you the info and our mailing address? When should those making said request see their answers?
Indio Slayer said…
Maybe if you had any skills "besides beating and harassing women" you could get a job and you wouldn't be so bored. YAWN!
Rick said…
Well, I guess that I am being bullied again. I haven't commented on this blog. For I follow the rules. Looks like someone is acting out.
. . . said…
There are more digs than that and a few accusations POS. You can send whatever you want and all your questions but you Tim, are not somebody I'm going to answer. You don't deserve it. I respected he wants because I felt he could be neutral but now you're just a POS like all the rest. I'm glad you'll wear that badge of honor but don't expect any answers for me. Not to you
Unknown said…
Oh please... You won't answer to anyone, even the remaining "sheep" you have. The more people ask about tax returns, the more you call them "haters". This is just getting funny.
Tim said…
Look everyone, I made the big time. I am now in a special group of people who've been labeled. Enough about me...
What info would a requesting party who would like to get their questions answered?
1 - Name
2 - Number on their shirt
3 - Photo of their badge
4 - Mailing address
For me, I am good. As a PoS, I don't have hands to open a letter. There are a percentage of the remaining 260 who participated that may want to know and if they do, we want them to have all the info you need to provide it. I hope when they request the info are not labeled. I would feel horrible if they were set-up to be labeled.
RickkciR said…
I got a shirt for the 2016 event. I think it was numbered 491 .. 497 .. something like that. I paid for the event. I participated in the Guinness ride. Hell, I atteneded the previous four years as well. Very few us made all Five of those.. an even smaller number made all six of the last years. I've blogged previously about how much money I've donated. How much I've spent with the dealership. How much I loaned the Dealership. I asked for the info on the charity, but have always been a target, vs getting answers. So.... here we are having the conversation .. again

Why would others send in all their info? Have they contributed more than I? Not that it matters.. but... why would they get the answers when I didn't? No.. they would become public targets, just as I have become.

Arturo, let me ask a SIMPLE question. You must know the answer. You are probably the ONLY one .. that knows. It's the simplest to answer of all we've asked. How much was raised for the 2017 event? There are folks reading this that attended it. I'm sure they want to know.....
. . . said…
I owe YOU....especially YOU Rick... (((NADA)))

:-)

KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!!
RickkciR said…
Arturo .. I was just thinking... we may have underestimated you.

Please name three other people whom are smarter and more capable than you, in the field you work in?
Unknown said…
Rick Kcir - that is quite a stretch trying to get 3. Hell, okies are not smarter. waco authorities are not smarter. pdp definitely not. I think the guy in cf,wi might be, but only if he didn't fall for the pitch. Hell, poor old johnnyanderson sure as hell aint. The only person I can see who is above this level is good ole' JC himself. Heck he forgave all those who betrayed him, even those who put nail to hammer on the cross.

Wonder if one of the 5 sheep-headed folks in their farmersonlydotcom profile shot in August might be able to get an answer or Dingle and Crow.
Unknown said…
Um...Actually you do, Art..

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/public-disclosure-and-availability-of-exempt-organizations-returns-non-compliance-with-exempt-organizations-public-disclosure-requirements
RickkciR said…
I'l be sending in a request to Arturo for these. Problem is.. I've blocked all his accounts due to harassment from them!
Eliminate said…
Two signs that a charity is committing fraud:

1. You can't get financial data which would include
A. Cash balances in all bank accounts
B. An accounts payable aging report
C. List of all credit lines, including letters of credit, and amounts borrowed
D. List of all confirmed receivables, such as obligations for payments, donations and loans
E. Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement

2. Bullying Behavior by Management
t has been widely documented that corrupt management teams tend to engage in bullying. A marked characteristic of financial fraud is efforts on the part of a dishonest management team to try to get rid of anyone who is asking questions. Typically, the worst people will rise to the top of a nonprofit that has been poisoned like this—accelerating the fraud.

Bullying behavior includes yelling, intimidation, rudeness and refusing to answer legitimate questions.

Both of these has been the normal operations of the charity, or am I wrong here?
Eliminate said…
We can justify our every deed but God looks at our motives. Proverbs 21:2
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Oh how I would LOOOOVE to comment about his character, right, Arturo?
RickkciR said…
@vonnie, Once we get all this cleared up .... which will probably involved the IRS it looks like ... It would be an interesting discussion/ subject I'm sure, with some of what you've experienced. Look forward to speaking to you on the matter....
Unknown said…
Vonnie, I am guessing you are one his many victims...
Eliminate said…
The comment section got too real so AW popped smoke and vanished.
RickkciR said…
Maybe he is busy and got a new job, in the Video Surveillance field?
Unknown said…
Or he is teaching classes on how to abuse women and claim innocence...
RickkciR said…
I asked him a simple question along this line..and he didn't .. couldn't answer it...

“I have a very simple question to people…who seem to suffer from excessive narcissism: Please name three other persons who are smarter and more capable than you, in the field you work in. (In most cases they are utterly unable to answer that question honestly.)”

—Ingo Molnar
Tim said…
@vonnie, if you had an unfortunate run in or several with AE, sorry you had to deal with or continue to deal with it. Just based on what we have read on-line about the goings-on between he and others in the metro or out of towner's, one can only imagine. I am hopeful we will all get to the truth. The gauge on a persons character is their moral or ethical quality. I am sure there are plenty of things to talk about.

This blog is gaining the traction I have never seen before. I hope we get more people and even a couple sheeople to chime in and start asking questions. Spent the better part of Saturday with some sheep, some wolves and a couple cowards/two-faced folks. I don't blame those last two groups. They've known AE much longer than I. They will tell you to your face they see and agree with you, but then they turn around and flock back to the fold to huddle around the Shepard and seek guidance. I bet if they were to ask the same questions we do, they would be met with resistance.
RickkciR said…
Guessing this one is a dead horse... majority of the flock of sheep have bailed to the steps of the HD fest
Rick said…
So I see that he has resurrected Welch charities again. He’s selling things on eBay that pertain to the military/vets and first responders. Then he keeps money. No one has ever seen where the money truly goes. As a charity he is obligated to show where the money goes. Once again he is using good generous people to line his pockets. STOP GIVING HIM MONEY! Do you research before giving to any small charity. There are a lot of scammers out there.
RickkciR said…
Rick.... it'll never stop. Well, not until the basement boxes are empty
EvilBob said…
Arturo Eguia-Welch is well known for his activities:

Man sued ex for fraud, wanted money back for trips they took together

nydailynews.com/news/national/minnesota-man-sued-fraud-wanted-money-back-vacations-article-1.3429996?fbclid=IwAR0JRPGJOJdIfPWil0XbYx2bvNdj-y2DLdzuzKkmcCwoF0ghPnOPmagabng
EvilBob said…
And more.... >>Co-owner of Indian Motorcycle of the Twin Cities Faces Felony Property-Damage Charge

"Arturo Eguia-Welch was charged by the this week with first-degree criminal damage to property for allegedly backing his truck into the woman's garage door.

According to the Minnesota Secretary of State website, Welch owns Indian Motorcycle of the Twin Cities.

The woman told Forest Lake police that on March 2 she was texting Welch about a job opening at Indian Motorcycle of the Twin Cities.

In response to the woman's inquiry, Welch responded with remarks insinuating "if she had sex with him or sent some 'naughty or enticing' pictures" he may consider giving her the job, the complaint states."

https://patch.com/minnesota/stillwater/co-owner-of-indian-motorcycles-charged-with-felony?fbclid=IwAR2qvJIkMLftKsQsbNEHrYSdvkNFYnn38-cVgrqi987_Hkx6YKo-o-T-XBA

What a POS.
EvilBob said…
https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/28903630/Snyder_v_EguiaWelch
RickkciR said…
anyone seen the '21 numbers yet? LMAO ... asking for a friend
RickkciR said…
************** CRICKETS ****************
RickkciR said…
..........Interesting ... this one has been lit up for a few weeks now. Guessing some folks are getting educated ?
Anonymous said…
Educated? Nah. I just don't care. I'm paying to attend an event. The organizer can roll naked in a tent with the cash for all I care.
Anonymous said…
You and 3499 others? ....uneducated!
RickkciR said…
Finally .. all this is validated and it's come crashing to the ground.... not w/o a lot of BS and lies spewed about it all of course... but .. coming to an end. Guessing a 'new charity' will rise from the ashes, based out of a different state? Charities give slimey folks something to hind behind and squirrel funds away without accountability that normal LLC's / businesses have to deal with?
RickkciR said…
The MINNESOTA AG Shoved this all up his ass
RickkciR said…
Cracks me up this one has been on fire again with a butt load of Hits Daily. The charity in question is dead. IMHO, was run into the ground and then kicked to the curb by the authorities. I knew from day one when I wrote this.... there was a problem. Yet..dozens.. hundreds of sheep .. wanted to argue