Fallen Bikers

Fallen Bikers Prayer

It hurts so bad, to say goodbyes
Pain is felt, with tear filled eyes
The news we dread,want not and fear
Suddenly reality, becomes crystal clear
Knowing the risk, and chances we take
We start up our motors, the trip we do take
With freedom, and passion, the wind in your hair
You may not have made it, but I'll meet you there
I'm not sure when, but I'll see you my friend
Making sure that your journey, never will end
Ridding beside you, our spirits let free
All of us bikers, together we'll be ! 


Attended a funeral today for one of our local Brothers here.  Known Joey for upwards of 9 years.  He'd done a lot of work on my Road Glide.  Most of the work on my Bobber.  Hard working dude.  I've known his Dad just as long.  Earlier this week an old lady pulled out on him and killed him. She didn't' even know she did it.. was driving away.  How does someone not know?  Well, at 92 I'm guessing she shouldn't have been behind the wheel.  RIP Joey.   He was 44 years young; too soon to be taken from his family and friends.

I went down two years ago on my Road King. Jim went down in October. This past April in a single day, on two diff' occasions had a couple of  trucks try to take me out.  Daryl went down this Spring.  I was behind a guy out of Springfield MO when he went down back in July.   I was behind Neal when he went down last month in AR.  Now Joey. Joey didn't make it like the others.  

I used to feel invincible... immortal .. while riding.   Lucy asked me the other day .. "WTF is going on!?!?" .  Well.. when you put a lot of miles on during the year .. when you spend a lot of time with folks on 2 wheels..    you see more of it. Bad things have more chances to happen.  My first 30 years of riding, I only knew of a few incidents.  Never truly close to home.    Now.. seems like it's all around me lately.

Life is short.   I've always said ... Work Hard, Play Hard..  Enjoy life.  But ...   stay alive.   There was nothing Joey could have done.  He did everything right. He was geared up right.  It was 100% her fault.  Still, stay vigilant my friends. Stay focused.





RIP Joey

Comments