Facebook has gone off the rails - Hacked

 I got on the platform back in 2009 ... been weaning off it as of late.  Over the years, seen a lot of "I've been HACKED!" ramblings.. but ... just happened to me.  But, for real.

Several Days ago, saw a friend request got approved for a rexor enorsa ... but , I didn't' send it. So, I went to the profile, scratched my head then blocked it.  Thought it was a lil strange, buy hey .. you never know. Now, I believe this POS is the source of my issue since it originated all at the same time.

Yesterday, I log on to Facebook, but it errors out and asked for my ID. Say's I'm underage and need to prove I'm not.  What?  Well, I examine it closely and I'm 99.9999% sure it's a legit request. Still am as I type this.   But, why did this happen?



Yesterday, PayPal showed a request for $250 for Facebook Ads. I shut off the FB Auto-pay option.  Then, two more subsequent requests. They allowed them through.  Did disputes but now, in a dispute black hole of sorts.

Leanne noticed the PayPal hits to our checking account were still pending. Called the bank and they did a stop payment on all three.  Then, we moved funds from our checking to savings.. just in case.

I do a FB scam search and stumble across similar events from others.  Same underage bullshit, Facebook Ads bullshit (it's a scam of sorts) ..  so as I type this I'm in a wait and .. well.. wait mode.

Well, in the meantime, I've downloaded 12GB of archived data from FB and get to digging.  And there .. it is.. ..   Two days go, some Vietnamese POS had access to my FB account.   Yep.. I've been 'hacked'.  Few things jump at me.  On an S9+ and ...   Windows PC.  Looks like he's got some Apple based hacking software?   

At 11:48, things take a twist?  When I log in last 24 hours, I go to some kind of checkpoint.  Did Hacker boy create this?  Is this when FB realized there was an issue?  Hacker boy was in one minute prior.  Hmmmm.

 

Well, right there under LOGIN PROTECTION section of FB :

IP Address: 183.81.50.25
CreatedFeb 28, 2021, 7:11 PM
IP Address183.81.50.25     

 And a quick check ... huh... Viet Nam?

 

 

Checkpoint
CreatedMar 1, 2021, 11:48 AM
Browser
Cookie
_________________________________
Chrome on Samsung Galaxy S9+ - Windows PC
CreatedFeb 4, 2021, 10:29 PM
UpdatedMar 1, 2021, 11:47 AM
LocationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
IP Address183.81.50.25
BrowserMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.182 Safari/537.36
CookieNxIc********************
Session TypeMobile Browser

________

TimeMar 1, 2021, 11:47 AM
IP Address183.81.50.25
BrowserMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.182 Safari/537.36
CookieNxIc********************
CityHo Chi Minh City
RegionHo Chi Minh City
CountryVN
Sitewww.facebook.com

______________

Session updated
TimeFeb 28, 2021, 7:16 PM
IP Address183.81.50.25
BrowserMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.190 Safari/537.36
CookieNxIc********************
CityHo Chi Minh City
RegionHo Chi Minh City
CountryVN
Sitewww.facebook.com_
_____________________________
 
Session updated
TimeFeb 28, 2021, 7:11 PM
IP Address183.81.50.25
BrowserMozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 10; SM-G965U Build/QP1A.190711.020; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/88.0.4324.93 Mobile Safari/537.36
CookieNxIc********************
CityHo Chi Minh City
RegionHo Chi Minh City
CountryVN
Sitewww.facebook.com

____________

 

________________________

 

I'm thinking now.. I should Logout and it will force the 'hacker' out of the system. But then I get this .. what?


 Well, I logout, able to log back in.  Now .. I'm logged out. I think I'll stay logged out now vs idle as I'm awaiting my FB Trial?  On second thought....  change up the Password.  Duh!   .... there.. done.

Found this out there that made me realize this is a hacking issue, not a FB screw up as I originally thought

"I'm in similar situation. Got two emails about someone trying to reset my password, then my account was blocked a few minutes later. Got the same message as you. Are you still unable to access your account?Edit: My account got unblocked 2 days later, reason being it got broken into. If you are in a similar situation, check your Ads manager account for any suspicious activity, mine had three other people set as admins that ran a fraudulent ad for 280$ daily."

 ___________________

 "Funny" thing is .. I'm about done with FB anyways.  Only reason I keep it around anymore is to communicate with a few people and groups.  Few activities are available to see 'only' on FB ... but as for posting daily shit? I'm done.  New FB Groups? I'm done.  New Pages? I'm done.  If in a few days this doesn't clear up.. hell .. makes for a nice clean WIPE of it all.  But, I'll have to create another profile for the sole purpose of basic communication with a few folks.  I'm sure when I pop up with it.. I'll hear.. YOU GOT HACKED!!??  when they see a new friend request.  And I'll be like.. yep .. I did

So, I await ... I've tried to submit this .. but ..acts like it won't accept it.  Is my account f*'d forever?  We shall find out 

 
 
___________
 
WTF is going on? Tried opening a diff' profile, same computer but .. 'real name' ..   Okay .. this is officially getting weird...

_

Comments

KennyG said…
Wholly crap. Like u said, someone not messing around but hacking and trying to steal. Geez