Cash Fire Department .. all .. need our help

Been here in Cash for like... 28 years or so.  Only called them out once in the last three decades for a potential fire issue. But, I've seen first responders up the street over the last several years.  Thank God for them

Last year, I've found myself in an ambulance headed to the ER twice. Once in Lone Oak, TX other time in Hot Springs AR.  Before they arrived the FD was there, looking after me.  Thank God for them.

Few days ago, we got a flyer (below) in the mail for equipment to help them save lives when on the scene at accidents.  That has never been me, but .. shit happens.  I've been lucky .. more than once. Folks in my area.. many out there .. are volunteers. Many choose it at as a career path...   Thank God for them.

 Opening the mail the other day, Lucy looked at me and asked me exactly what I was thinking, when we looked it over.  "You thinking what I'm thinking ?"  were her words.  Or maybe they were mine. But our eyes met, we nodded and agreed.  This morning we rolled up to Cash FD on Hwy 34, I went in and met a small crew of great guys,  got to hold and 'play' with some of the equipment in question and ...  we presented a small token of our appreciation.  They gave me an overview of the firehouse, their training, etc.  The Chief rolled in a few minutes later and we had a chance to talk. Great Guy!

Back when I was a teenager my dad and his best friend Larry Cude (I considered him a close friend as well) were on the reserve Police Force for Maplewood MN.  Larry would later also put a LOT of time in with the FD there as a volunteer.  My dad retired at around the age of 55 and started up a Volunteer Fire Department in Imboden, AR.   To say I'm proud of those two is an understatement.

I retired from the USAF many moons ago.  Thought about a second career in Law Enforcement, but opted out after doing my 20 and the sacrifices it entails.  LEs do the same. Considered Reserve options.. ride along options, Volunteer FD options.. but my work schedule back then said otherwise. Considered it recently, but those days... are behind me. Gone. Now I just sit back and watch in awe.

Point is.. I have nothing but respect for those that are First Responders.  Volunteer Firefighters.  Those that choose  Law Enforcement or the Fire Department career paths.  God Bless you all.

A Lil donation  .. monetary or our time... is the least we can do.  Point? We all need to step up and do our part




  



Comments