It's the New Year.. but.... anything New?

I guess we all do this every year.. resolutions, renewing of perspectives, reconsidering our life's paths....

Me?   As always, my thoughts are on getting back into shape.  I miss the days when those thoughts were " I want to be bigger!  I want to be stronger!" .. now, it's like .. damned...   where did that belly come from??   After being in Mexico, I noticed on a couple of pics, that my waistline has grown WAY too large; larger than I'd allowed myself to believe.   So, once again, it's at the forefront of my thought processes.

Here's what's 'different' this time.  Leanne is motivated and watching what she's eating.  I've grown weary of the continuous 'drinking' that seems to happen throughout the week ( I'm talking minor stuff here , but those calories add up!).  And the feeling of "ground hog day"... every week seems to be a repeat of the last in some ways ( guess I'm getting old? ).

So... what's different.  I'd prefer to be riding than sitting around throwing back a beer.  I'd prefer to be in the gym than sitting in a bar.   I've gotten where I don't like to do party's where the same people are at them, each and every time ( I don't mean this to sound bad, but just want to change things up).  I guess this is why when I throw a party, I try to invite friends I haven't seen in awhile, and are sometimes 'outside' the click.

Last year at ROT, someone made a comment to me that hit home ( though I haven't taken to heart... yet).   When they'd asked me if it was just the two of us, I'd stated we traveled with two other couples.  They got a deer in the headlights look and said...." we leave our friends at home; we're here to make new friends!!  "BAM!   Really hit home with me!   Now, have I taken them up on this advice?  Nope.  I've tried, but things went sideways, but still working towards that.  Of course the hard part is, our friends and us have really stepped things up and we all are in a position to head out with RVs.  Most of us have Bikes.  Most of us enjoy the same locations.  BUT...... in '11, I'd like to try and do a few solo runs and make it work.  The hard part is not dis'ing your friends and pissing everyone off.  Sometimes.. you just want to change it up.

Changing it up......   when getting there.... maybe locate a gym (like the old days? ).....    Leave the case(s) of beer home .....    Worry less about the food issues, and enjoy some quality smaller meals.   ...   Get to bed early ( what a concept!)...   .. and most importantly .....   start feeling good at a deep 'core' level ...   and that means....getting healthy... truly healthy....  and that means....  getting back in shape ( lean and mean)

Wow.. that was a rambling... I'm not even going to edit this .. just wanted to get some thoughts down ...... :)

Comments