Speeding Ticket?

 Few months ago, we headed to MS rolling down Interstate 49 in the Porsche Macan GTS.  I normally would have taken the Grand Wagoneer, but we opted for the Porsche this time around.  Problem is, for some reason I didn't take my newer high end Uniden Radar Detector; left it in the Jeep.  Duh.  At one point I had 4 vehicles in front of me, both lanes screwing around slowing down, speeding up, slowing down.....  as normal, I got pissed off, saw an opening and shot through them about a 100mph.  Slowing down back to 75mph ( okay .. maybe low 80s), I came around a corner less than a minute after passing the 4 ass wipes and .... Sheriff's car sitting there with his radar on because he immediately hit the blue lights.  Grrrrrrrr...

I was carrying a 9mm so when he walked up I handed him both pieces of ID. After a few seconds, he handed me back my CHL and excused himself. Never said another word about it..   Few minutes later he came back writing me a ticket.  I explained what had happened but there was zero discussion to be had.  He was professional, I was respectful and I was soon back on the road headed to MS thinking "crap ... there's go my Insurance!"

Few years back I signed up with a nationwide Legal company that for a few hundred bux every year will do your wills, trusts, handle your driving tickets, etc.   Most at zero cost.  Other things at a reduced rate. I'd never utilized them for this sort of thing previously since this is a rarity for me (though I wish I had several years back when I got a ticket for "rolling" through a 4 way stop.)   The legal folks told me Louisiana was a ball buster and I'd be lucky to get out of this 100%.  I stated I didn't want it on my record if possible.   Well, mission accomplished.  Yes, I was speeding.  But there were extenuating circumstances.   And yes, I was in the process of slowing down (thank god he didn't get me a few seconds earlier!).  So, these guys paid for themselves this year.  Kudos!










Just gets better .....  was even less when paid




Comments