Coincidence???

 Here's a wild one ....

At the Jeep Dealership today purchasing a new Wrangler and they are having a Chili cook off and Halloween Party.  I notice an older dude at the table next to me dressed up as a 'biker' for the contest; wig and all. I'm looking at his vest and realize it's the 'real deal' so ask him whom he rides with.  He stands up, turns around to show me his Christian Motorcycle Association (CMA) backpatch and our conversation ensues.  He's been to Sturgis, a dozen times, but sold his bike recently due to losing his left leg in an accident the year before while riding a horse.  I make a few comments he could always get a trike, etc. and we chat for another five minutes or so.  I sit back down at the desk with my sales guy when I mention I just got out of the Hospital.  Turns out he ALSO has an ICD and has gone through similar situations, but actually much worse than myself initially before getting it.

As I said, we're buying a new Jeep and he mentions he has a Jeep.  He got a Grand Cherokee earlier in the year and loves it.   Then tells me it has a Hemi and has tons of power and great gas mileage.  I mention I've had several and I agree with him.  Next to continue the conversation he tells me it's a Summit model. I'm familiar with this high end model since my '17  was a Summit; previous one was one step down as a Overland model, but both were completely optioned out and almost identical except for color.  I have to admit ... my brain is lit up at this point and I'm starting to connect a few dots.  Wife and I are realizing something here and ask him what color it is .... White he says.  How many miles did it have when you got it?  He tells me about 100k or so.   We then tell him we traded in the same setup with 103k miles....  and you know right away..... we've got something in common, but...........

Back in January we'd traded our Grand Cherokee in for a Grand Wagoneer.  I babied that thing for over four years, changing out all the fluids at 50k miles and I think it was on it's third set of tires.   I was going to refresh all the fluids at 103k miles, new tires, new brake pads (wasn't needed) and put another 100k miles on it .. when....   I opted to move up to the Grand Wagoneer that had just come out.

George had a sweet truck but was having trouble getting into it since he'd lost his leg.  He'd drove the Grand Cherokee and fell in love with it.  The dealership made him a killer deal since he works there part time and basically gave him a straight up swap to his surprise.  Now he could easily get in and out, and well... LOVED the thing.   

I'm thinking to myself ..... 'no way.'  I then tell him I'm 95% sure... that was our vehicle.  I describe a couple lil things about it specific to it... and he's says  "that's it!"  The sales manager had come by a few minutes later and confirmed my suspicions.....  Holy Crap huh?    Well, now George is really stoked because he can tell I take care of my vehicles.   I assured him and gave him the history on it.  Before we left I told him about a cover for the back area that I forgot to put in there and still had it.  George has my number now and looking me up next week to come get it.

I told him "what a coincidence huh?"  No he says, it was meant to be.  You know, I think he may be right?

God Bless, folks ..........

Our old '17



Comments