392 reasons to love a Jeep Wrangler

 Few months ago I wrote about this HERE when I ordered it.  Hell, we weren't even sure what the exact color would look like! It's  "High Velocity" and it looked yellow.  Another picture looked like it had green hints in there.....  still, we said ...  "order it."

392ci 6.4 Liter Hemi


Got an email/text a few days ago that it was finally here!   Gotta' tell you, more than just a lil excited.  Got back home yesterday afternoon and made plans to get to the dealership today.  Twist was .... we decided to potentially trade in the Porsche to reduce vehicles in the driveway.  Have to admit this was a difficult decision because I love driving that thing.  The Macan GTS handles like a dream, good gas mileage and will haul ass.  But, maintenance, insurance, too many vehicles.. common sense came into play. So, headed to Carvana for a sale price to them and had a baseline.  So, drove it to the dealer, offered it up, they met it within a $1,000 bux, but the savings on Sales Tax made it worthwhile to trade in so gave up the keys. For the first time ever, I'm a 100% Jeep guy in the garage/driveway.  Now, we were just waiting for the finance guy to have a free seat at his desk.  Paperwork done, decided on an extended warranty this time around which I rarely do .... and the deal is done.  On a whim, asked him about the Grand Wagoneer that I purchased back in Jan and ..... got an extended warranty on it at a killer price.  Keys in hand and we are out the door!

Funny thing is .... didn't test drive it.  As always, they were surprised.  I asked them where the button was to slide the top back and where the exhaust button was for the louder pipes and .. done.  We're soon loaded up and headed down the road!  Still, a few things I didn't really expect......

First, feels heavier than our other's.   Guessing it's the 392 up front. This one came stock with an OEM 2" lift and 35's so that was a plus.  In fact I ordered it with every conceivable option.    But in a positive way, this sucker just feels solid and 'heavy.  To me, doesn't feel like a 'wrangler' going down the highway.  We have zero plans an screwing with bigger tires, wheels, lift, etc. this time around.  I love the way this thing drives.

Second, the POWER.  I know how awesome the 392 is (Grand Wagoneer has one), but stuff it in a JLUR Wrangler and .... crazy!  Rated at 475 HP and 475 torque, I barely had my foot in it all the way home and this sucker wants to haul ass!  Got about16mpg home without sticking my foot all the way into it... but my god this thing wants to Run.  I know for a fact they will do a 13 second quarter mile and do 0-60 in 4.5 sec with 35's on it; that's 60's and 70's Muscle Car territory.   So to say it put a smile on my face is an understatement.   I can't wait to get in there on a nice day, open the top and truly enjoy the day driving thing AND putting my foot into that pedal.

Third .. Options!  I'm still finding options on it I forgot I'd ordered ......  Heated steering wheel, heated seats, etc...  forgot about all these.   Who knows what else I overlooked .. lmao.  I'd literally said "ALL of THEM" when we ordered; I wanted zero regrets this time around!

Good Days ahead!!!!




Comments

RickkciR said…
This damned thing is FAST n' LOUD.... BAM!