20 Characteristics of a Con Man Sociopath

UPDATE DEC/2020 :   I did this post on a whim.  Since then, I've posted dozens and dozens of times on this subject in my alternative BLOG.  Head over there and search NARCISSIST / NARCISSISM ...  crazy amount of data on it. This single post below has the most hits of all on my BLOG .. approximately 5%... which I've found interesting. It wasn't pointed at anyone specifically, though..... could easily pertain to three different individuals I've come across in my lifetime.  The more one understands Narcissism, the crazier it all is how certain individuals fit the mold?  Have to admit .... what kicked this off .. someone called me a Narcissist.  I didn't truly understand the meaning.  I thought they were saying I was 'self centered'.  I'll be the first to admit I've got a big ego.  That I've got high self-esteem.  My biggest fault is I like to get in the 'last word.'   But Narcissist?  Nope

_______________________



Watched a movie that set a thought in motion.....

Interesting read I stumbled across this morning.  I read something similar a few months ago ...  The more I read, the more surprised how they fit into a box of rules ...  traits.. that fit like a suit.


20 Characteristics of a Sociopath

  1. Fun, charming and entertaining. Super polite when meeting people.
  2. Display impressive knowledge or skill at something – it proves to be limited or fake.
  3. Have primal perception; later it’s scary, they seem to know our minds like telepathy.
  4. Are easily offended. They fluster and bluster when offended and lash out.
  5. Lie always. About all things – .01% of what they say might be true – like their shoe size.
  6. Believe they’re better than everyone – and hold others in contempt.
  7. Crave a good reputation. Defend their reputation with outrageous lies – see #5.
  8. Crave status & power via possessions & money – yet exist at any level of society.
  9. Have delusions of fame and importance – though they might live in the Metro station.
  10. Mimic our authentic emotions & sincerity – mimic any & all of our positive emotions.
  11. Have no capacity for care, concern or love. They are faking it. They imitate us.
  12. Think of themselves as victims. They can cry fake tears at the drop of a hat.
  13. Are sexually promiscuous and often simultaneously avoid sex with a primary partner.
  14. Do any horrible, illegal or immoral thing they want to do to absolutely anyone.
  15. Think their prey should be grateful.
  16. Take pride in their scams. Run several scams simultaneously. Many women; many men.
  17. Believe everyone deserves what they do to them.
  18. Smear their victims when things end: loudly, publicly, online and in court.
  19. Have outbursts of rage. Can be violent. Talk about killing themselves or dying.
  20. Know they are monsters – and enjoy it.

I first came across this type of person back around '97 or '98.  I didn't know what I was dealing with then.  Interestingly not too long ago,  out of the blue that person contacted me with a single message, but then didn't reply to my reply ( which I debated for a long time about even sending).   They are a rare breed, but .. what I didn't realize is how they fit a mold.

Few months ago I was reading on the subject of Narcissism.  I had no idea how big of a deal it was.  The more I read, the more I was thinking "no shit??"    Crazy stuff.  This article is a good overview of a Narcissistic Sociopath.   Mind boggling stuff, huh?

Here are ten other traits of a narcissistic sociopath to watch out for:

  • They move your relationship on really quickly
  • They compliment you over and over again
  • They flatter you by putting down others
  • Your sex life is out of this world
  • They have a lot of broken relationships behind them
  • The conversation is always about them
  • They use impressive words that don’t make sense
  • They are charitable if it favors them
  • They will sulk for days and weeks
  • They will often mimic your behavior in order to get close to you


Well .. anyways... back to watching my Sunday morning news and shows.  While watching one of my regular Sunday morning shows, they mentioned something along this line and it got me to doing a lil' more research and reading.  So, spent my first cup of java this morning, researching, reading and .. posting this.  Makes me miss the days when I was content with the Sunday paper and spent 1/2 that time, reading the comics/funny pages.  The good ol' days......




Comments