Life is not just about bikes .....

Seems like it is is sometimes though?   I've been riding for about 33 years now, and every year I seem to put more and more miles on them.  One more bike finds it's way into the Man Hangar.  My interest in the motorcycle world continues to diversify .  As my love and passion for Indian Motorcycles grows, so does my interest in all facets of motorcycling.  My biggest concern is I've done this late in life and I'm going to run out of time before I'm able to pursue all my interests in this area....  Hell, my alternative dream is if I find myself alone in this world, to throw a leg over a bike and explore this country as thoroughly as I can , as long as I can .....

But ... life isn't just about bikes.  Those that know me .. know I like Jeeps .. trucks....  classic cars .. fast cars..  boats  .. you name it.  Then other aspects of life.   Working out, SCUBA diving , etc.    Not enough time to enjoy it all.  That being said, shame on me for not spending more time with my '67 Camaro, but I hope to change that soon.  As much as I love Jeeps I rarely unleash them in their native environment and they spend too much time as pavement pounders. I'm hoping to change that up.   For now, I've pushed back for years on the boating aspect since lake time interferes with my riding time, but I'll be the first one to rent one for the weekend if the opportunity arises.

Dropped the ZX14 off at the dealer this morning for a full blown servicing; oil, torque check the bolts, etc,etc.  When she comes out I plan on pushing her to the edge, riding it the was it was meant to be ridden. While waiting around for my ride home, found myself looking around.   In one corner was a Kawi 450 dirt bike that promised good times in the dirt.   In the opposing corner was a Honda 450 and 650 that promised the same. Then, mixed in it all were Liter bikes that beckoned me to take them to the track.   Some Naked sport bikes that looked like a blast.   A few 600cc range bikes that suddenly didn't look so small after riding the Bimmer at the SuperBike School.  Off to the other side....  Side by Sides that looked like they could put a smile on anyone's face when driven in the right environment.

So many options.  So many variations. Life is full of choices and it's too short to put one's blinders on and focus on a single entity, at least in my case.




Comments

Rick said…
You do have many types of vehicles, Except a moped! I would pay good money to see Mr Rick put a moped through its paces. 😀
RickkciR said…
Richard.. are you sure? :)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/d7PFGWsv3MCxdNOo1
Tim said…
That moped looks HUGE compared to that Scout in August!!!