Pics that people post .. or.... don't

 ...........tells a story.

Let's be honest.  I love to post shit. I enjoy sharing.   I just do.  I'm sure there are deep down reasons for that, but .. it's just a fact.  When you step back and analyze it all .. or .. something like that ...   what a person does or does not do, can tell a lot about them.   I'm actually a simple one to figure out.  I love my life.  I'm happy, but not 100% content with myself.  I'm proud of who I am, but always striving to improve.  Crap that reminds me... need to get back into the gym .. again (broken record).  Anyways, back to the pic taking.

Ever notice some people never post pics of themselves?  I mean ...  NEVER.  Why is that?  Are they so secure in their manhood or womanhood they see zero value in it?  Or, are they that unhappy with themselves and their life?  Other people, seem to post nothing but selfie after selfie of themselves.   We all assume we know what that means; hell, I'm thinking the same thing right now!  LOL.  Or that person that buys a selfie stick so any and every  picture, , group picture, landscape picture, .. hell .. just about any picture.. they are in it?  Yeah... that's an interesting one:)    Another type that comes to mind; post pictures of select family members but not other family members.  This one has some deep meaning behind it.  At first glance or thought, maybe .. they don't want them on Social Media for their protection, etc.  We've all heard the horror stories. But .... what if who and what they do and don't post, don't fit that profile. Why then?   There are reasons behind it....

I love posting pictures.  I enjoy going back over them months or years later remembering intricacies of a trip.  Good times with friends.  Some of the crazy crap we do.  I've enjoyed taking pictures since I was in HS and took a photography class, yet sadly there is a huge gap from the day I graduated HS to the day I met my bride over 30 years ago.  Those were the days of buying film ...  12 ..24 ..36 roll exposures .  High dollar prints ( well, if you take pics like I like to!).  I remember turning in a roll of say 36.. and maybe .. liking 10 of them.   Remember when for a small price they'd give you double prints?  So now, I've got 10 I like, 10 extras I don't need, and 52 prints I might as well throw away but I don't, because I just paid for them.  So, that drove my behavior and I pulled back on taking pics.  For the most part; stopped.  But for the last 15 years or so, digital pics have been the norm and they are almost zero cost, unless you want to print them off.  So, I take a butt load.   Too many.  And I like to share them off.   Like to send them to people who are in them.  Like to tag folks on Social Media that are in them.   Guess I'm making up for lost time

I probably take too many pics of material things ( you know.. bikes.. cars  .. jeeps ), but hey .. it's 'free.'.   I love to take pics of family and friends.   I even like to sneak myself into a few.  I didn't used to.  I'd take hundreds of pics at an event and at the end of it realized I wasn't in a single one. Does that matter?  I guess for the average person it doesn't but when I realized that simple fact, I started to sneak myself into a few (hey I've got long arms and don't need a selfie stick).   So now, If I want a pic of my wife and I , or a pic of my buddies and I .. I just.. take it.  More I do it, more I do it.  Probably comes off wrong, but I like group pictures.  Love pictures of my wife and I .  Love pictures of my daughter and I .. or the three of us together.  My friends are important to me.  Unless you've got an SLR or Point and Shoot with a timer,  or some helpful passerby... you've got to .. do it yourself.  Remember those days?  When was the last time you setup a camera on a tripod, then.. made a made dash into the group .. and had to do it over and over?  I do!

Which brings me back to the original thought as I started typing this.  Why don't certain people post pics of themselves?  Do they hate themselves that much?  Are they that 'secure?'.   Take that another step.  Why don't they post pics of their spouse, if they are married?  I mean, you see pics of them.. of their kids .. where is their spouse?  I've seen this with more than a few, and after awhile it jumps out at you.  I've even asked in a few cases, and to be honest don't 'buy' the answer I received.  I don't like the reason I've come to believe, but hey .. life ain't perfect.   Hell, mine ain't perfect.  As much as I love my wife, love our pics together, it's not a perfect Cinderella story and we have our share of bumps.  But those bumps are part of my life.. she's part of my life ...  they all, contribute to memories.

So now, you've been tasked.  Your mission is to take two selfies a day and change your profile pic accordingly.  Of course not  .. lol.  That's not what I'm saying.   But, lets all lighten up .....   snap 'em of your life.  Life around you.  Store 'em away for looking at later.  Or look at them often.   Share 'em up with friends and those you love.   And ...   be proud of how you are and maybe.. just maybe .. embrace it if need be

_____________________________________


 My fav' pic of my wife and I | I was 230lbs, she was 105lbs | Summer 1986





Comments

Rick said…
You didn’t mention coffee cups or food!
RickkciR said…
im fat and wired! Now you know!! lol