Bike Week .. a scam?


http://www.nashvillebikeweek.com/

I remember around the Summer of '16 seeing a post out there somewhere . .or an article .. about Nashville Bike coming in September of 2017.   My heart did a couple of extra beats... my stomach did a few flips... and I thought .. this is going to ROCK!   It was the week before Bikes Blues and BBQ and remember thinking .. hmmmmm.. that'll give them some competition!

Reading through it all, it sounded crazy impressive.  They had bands already starting to line up ... it was going a full 10 day event over two weekends..   They were going to have a massive campground for RVs ...  the more I read, the more I was 'confused.'  Down in Austin we have ROT, where the main event/party is on the EXPO campgrounds.  The event spills over into downtown Austin but that's not ... 'the rally'.  Compare that to Sturgis where downtown is the Rally .. but ...  Campgrounds are separate entities that have their own events, etc .  Nashville Bike Week was pushing the campgrounds area, but it sounded like much of the event was downtown, so I found it somewhat confusing.   Additionally, they were offering up some awesome VIP packages where you got tickets for the whole week and you could even rent an RV already positioned on-site.  It really had my attention and I created a FB event for it.. mentioned it to my local crew and... it was on my radar.  However, it was MORE than a year out.  And... something ... was making m radar pop up,  but just couldn't put my finger on it.  Few flags were going up in my head.. but.. .couldn't put my finger on them.  I put a reminder on my calendar and decided to check back as it got within a 12 months period, so I'd be protected when I put it all on a Credit Card.

When we got within the twelve month window, I started looking at it again.  I remember seeing on their FB page they had a pre-party of sorts,  1 year out.  I think it was out in TN but not sure.  It was a shitty rainy day, low turnout .. but they had a live band, etc.   Still, seemed 'real' for the most part.  What had me stalling is ...  after years of going to ROT and NASCAR, I'm used to seeing maps that show RV parking spots and I didn't see any of these.  And, on the 'net I'd see people asking questions.. people wondering about things openly, and I wasn't seeing a LOT of interest that made me think things would get sold out right away, so I dragged my feet.  I mean... WHY ..  buy a ticket for music or rides, a year out .. or even six months out?  All one has to do is lock in their lodging, which is refundable days .. or worst, few weeks before.  So, I held out and checked back once in awhile.

Loretta Lynn's Ranch was the original venue location.  Hell, I'd never heard of it until this point, so I found myself searching and looking around.  Looked sort of cool, but ...  I was waiting to execute.  Then , in May of '17, approx 4 months before it was supposed to kick off , I'd heard it was at the Opryland.  Those concerns . .flags .. that went off in the beginning, were back.   At the end of may, that venue location drops through the crack , but the promoter claims it's still going to happen.  Next few days.. another article .  it's all in limbo.  Two weeks later, it's moved to Waynesboro at a Mud Park.. WTF?   Anyone else wondering what the hell is going on??   I was.  It was becoming comical and to be honest, I was 'smiling' because I'd waited it out.  Some folks were worried about losing their funds that they used on prepayments.  But, who the hell signs up for something like this .. a YEAR out?  Well, by the third week of June the promoter says he's pulling out all together.  By now, rumors are flying around that this whole thing is a mess and he's running off with peoples money.  After the 21st of June.. I don't remember seeing another thing about it.

There's a lesson learned here.  For me, I won't provide funds on a rally event..  hell .. any type of event ...  with a payment that can't be refunded.  I also, would be hard pressed to provide them funds a year out if the event in any way shape or form, appears to be having any issues or there are any questions at all, raised about it.   Finally, in most cases there is no value in prepaying a year...  or months in advance.  None.  I came out unscathed.  But more than a few folks lost their hard earned money. 

Do your homework
 Especially  .... when hundreds of dollars ... or more ...  of our hard earned money is at stake



June 19 2017: Last FB post


Last tweet



 ____________________________________



Better Business Bureau  
Business Management
According to information in BBB files, Mike Lewis Leffingwell aka Michael Lewis Axle is also affiliated with Got Concrete, which was the subject of a BBB media release. BBB maintains a separate Business Profile for Got Concrete that can be accessed by clicking here: http://www.bbb.org/nashville/business-reviews/concrete-contractors/got-concrete-in-murfreesboro-tn-37111184?language=1

Additional Information

According to an announcement made June 13, 2017, Nashville Bike Week has changed the venue location to American Rebel Offroad Park in Waynesboro, TN. The dates for the event are September 14 - 24, 2017.

Since February 2017, BBB has received numerous calls and complaints from consumers inquiring about Nashville Bike Week. The event was originally scheduled to be held at Loretta Lynn's Ranch; however, BBB confirmed the Ranch withdrew from the event due to Nashville Bike Week's failure to meet the financial terms as set forth in the agreement.

After Loretta Lynn's Ranch withdrew from the event, the promoters of Nashville Bike Week posted on Facebook that the event would be moved to a location near Hurricane Mills, TN; however, BBB's investigation indicated otherwise.

Most recently, the company claims that the venue has moved to "Gaylord Opryland Convention Center Grounds" and that if you bought a ticket camping is available nearby at "Yogi Bear Campground." BBB has reached out to both Gaylord Opryland and Nashville Jellystone Park to confirm this recent announcement. A representative from Opryland responded to BBB that this event would not be held at Gaylord Opryland Convention Center Grounds.

If you have purchased tickets, are a sponsor, vendor or one of the bands performing at the event, BBB would like to speak with you. Please contact us at 615.242.4222 or info@gobbb.org. BBB is cooperating with the Humphrey's County Sheriff's Office in their investigations efforts, who can be reached at 931-296-2301 or http://www.humphreyscosheriff.com

Refund and Exchange Policy

The company website now states, "There will be NO REFUNDS of any kind for purchased tickets and camping passes. Please review all orders carefully," in their Terms of Use section.






Business Alert

On June 5, 2017, Mike Axle was arrested in Bowling Green, KY at the Country Hearth Inn with the help of the Humphreys County Sheriff's Office.
Axle is being held at the Warren County Regional Jail in Kentucky without bond and currently has outstanding warrants in Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and Missouri. This aspect of the Business Profile will be updated once additional information becomes available.
This business's marketplace performance has been the subject of two BBB media releases that can be viewed by clicking the following links:
https://www.bbb.org/nashville/news-events/bbb-in-the-news/2017/02/misleading-advertising-products-and-services-that-middle-tennessee-can-do-without-february-2017/

https://www.bbb.org/nashville/news-events/bbb-in-the-news/2017/06/nashville-bike-week/
reggagddfdasf 

Comments