I didn't get that Invite.....

Facebook.  You've got to 'love it.'.  In many ways, it's complete information overload ( well, at least my newsfeed is ).  Almost no way to keep up with all the info.

Then there's the emotional side of it (FB).  It's like a big comfy couch in the Doctor's office, and you get to watch everyone ( many ) tell their innermost thoughts publicly.  If you pay any attention to someones postings, you get a really good feel for their personality, quirks, overall temperment.  Pretty interesting actually, and somewhat addicting in some ways to 'watch'.

Then, the emotional roller coaster. Never knew everyone out there had so much fun until it showed up on FB, and WTF, they didn't invite me?  LMAO! On a serious note, it's actually a touchy one if you think about.  You can't invite everyone, all the time.  And you can't always invite your close friends to everything you do day in and day out.  And what about when you have a new hobby that actually isolates your friends? A good example of this is I stepped up my Motorcycle Riding about 3 years ago which has actually alienated many of my long time friends.  Since most of my activities now revolve around bikes, this automatically shuts out many friends whom don't ride.  I always make the joke "so buy a bike', but it doesn't negate the issue.

Life ain't fair.  And you can't always run with everyone.  In the meantime, I'll just throw out a zinger for fun once in awhile .. " I didn't' get that invite"  and watch the sparks fly :)

Comments