Christmas Eve !

Wow.... hard to believe it's Christmas Eve!    I'd swear it seems 2012 just got started .. I blinked .. and now.. it's almost over.  Incredible.   Seems like just 'yesterday' I was working out trying to lose weight for our trip to Mexico in May '12 for our 25th renewal.  An injury sidelined me ..then distracted me from  that goal.  Just the other day I was in the gym preparing to jump back into it after the Holidays when i realized it'd been so long....   Truly need to get focused in '13 and honestly get back into shape.. no excuses!

Christmas .. seems so 'menial' to me this year.  Got the opportunity to visit with my daughter earlier this week in NYC.  All that mattered is I got to hold her.. hug her...talk with her.  Didn't care about presents or anything else...  just wanted to be near her.  Later today we head to Arkansas to visit Mom and Dad.  Again, that won't be about gifts ( though we are bringing a couple) but just to be with them. Mom is about 77 now and how many more of these will we have together?  Just need to be home and give her a hug .  All that matters.

Leanne and I are probably exchanging gifts this morning before we leave rather than load up the car.  Can't wait for her to see what I got her.. and she always puts a lot of thought into my gifts.. but...   again, all I care about is the two of us are here together sharing our lives.  The presents honestly don't matter.  

Blessed?  Yes I am.  Material things don't matter to me much any more.  Getting gifts; doesn't matter that much anymore.  Cliche as it is.. all that matters is 'time'.  The time to to spend with your loved ones.  And we never have enough of that...

Comments