Change............

Change ..... growth ....  maturing  ...  call it what you want.  But eventually for most of us , our interests change.

I feel like I've been going 100MPH my entire adult life.  The way I attack everything I do whether it be work, relationships, friendships, entertainment..... even my 'down time' .   Never thought about it much until the 100th time ( or so it seems ) that someone said "do you ever slow down?"

My wife has told me this for a couple of years now...  my dad has mentioned it to me a few times recently ...  for some reason, something has driven me to push hard in most things I do, and for the life of me I don't have an answer.

However, I'm starting to question that pace.  Question why I push hard in most things.  Why I feel the need to be the best, at the top of the pile.   I hope that never changes, because it's driven me to accomplish what I have so far in life , but .... I'm slowly putting on the brakes.

I was in Austin yesterday looking over a Vintage Indian and realized I'd be back in 2 weeks for the Republic of Texas ( ROT ) Rally.  All the crazy traffic. In the damned Heat. Hundreds of thousands of Motorcycles and their riders.   Chaos.  The kind of chaos I've lived for .... striven for ... for so many years.. and ....  this morning I told the wife I didn't want to go.  I like the Hill Country for the riding.  I like the atmosphere of the area.  But, I've done this Rally 1/2 doz times and .....  time to take a break.  Time to slow down.

I've got a whole building full of projects that need my time.  I've been so damned busy they've just piled up .   It's time to make some headway.  Complete some projects.   Time to ... Slow down.  

Just a notch............

Comments