ATTACHMENT UNAVAILABLE






Anyone else see this all the time on Facebook?  If you're part of a group(s), you probably see it often!

I don't know what it is, but some folks just do NOT understand the basics of privacy settings within Facebook.  I've posted  hints, posted pics, walked folks through it via PMs, via Phone Calls, and after the 3rd.. or 4th .. or...  well, they usually get the point.  Then the following day, they do it again.

If I'm on my desktop, I'll post this:

"The source you shared , whether it be a picture or a status , or ??  .. had permissions tied to it and wasn't publicly shared.  This is common when sharing from another group that we don't all belong to , or from a friend's page that isn't a mutual friend, and they aren't sharing it publicly.

The simplest thing to do is if it yours, change the permissions to PUBLIC.  Or,  save the pic to your computer/smart phone,  and upload here for all to see, or to copy past the status or URL for the link you are posting , so all can see

p.s.  Please don't send me a friend request for the sole purpose that I can now see this.  It should be visible to the whole group , not the friends of the poster?"

First thing they say is " I can see it!"  Then , " My friends can see it!"  Followed by, "Go to the page and look.. it's there!"   Kicker is, inevitably, the person just about always sends me a friend request... WHY!?!?  Usually, if I'm in the mood, I'll accept it, then... there it is .. and I can then also see that it's shared to their friends, not public.  So I take a quick snapshot, post it, prove they are the problem and unfriend them.   Instead, I'm going to post the  URL for this Blog Post every time...  so much easier?

Here is the bottom line!  If you are in a group, post within that group.  If you share to the group your status off you FB, someones elses ' status,  a pic from a friends page, have the common sense to at least ensure the originating post is .. PUBLIC.  Otherwise, why the hell post it to a group?  Shouldn't EVERYONE within that group be able to see it?  Isn't that the point?

From now on... by the third time I see someone do this in 2015 within a group, I'm going to start posting comments , stating they are an idiot.  Maybe they'll get the point then? Or maybe this?




Here's YOUR Sign!



Comments