I'm Addicted to ........

Your lights are on, but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another kiss is what it takes
You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another kiss is all you need
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to bikes
You see the signs, but you can't read
You're running at a different speed
Your heart beats in double time
Another kiss and you'll be mine, a one track mind
You can't be saved
Oblivion is all you crave
If there's some left for you
You don't mind if you do
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to bikes
Might as well face it, you're addicted to bikes (!)
Your lights are on, but you're not home
Your will is not your own
You're heart sweats and teeth grind
Another kiss and you'll be mine
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to bikes
Might as well face it, you're addicted to bikes(!)
 _________

Facts
  • Pull up on a generic bike in a group of generic bikes and ...  well .. hmmm.... never mind.
  • Pull up on a Jap bike in a group of Harleys and you'll be lucky to get a nod, if even acknowledged
  • Pull up on a Harley in a group of  Harleys and 'life is good.'  You blend right it. You're in the club. Your bike can be the biggest POS and barely run, but hey, you're on a Harley.  In fact, the bigger POS the better; some type of right of passage? If it's new , shiney, and has a ton of SE parts on it .... even better a CVO.. welcome to the RUB Club.
  • Pull up on an Indian in a group of Harleys and...   a small line forms to check it out.  The questions begin. The cameras come out.  The definition of 'life is good' is redefined


I've been riding for about 32 years.   Indian Motorcycles now for almost six years.  It seems like the more I ride them, the more  I love them.. they are truly works of art. I've become fanatical about collecting many things "Indian" .  For those that don't know , I've got Blackfoot and Cherokee running through my veins, and have become more focused on some of those facts as well.  I'm addicted.

Yet, at the same time, I've become more and more immersed in motorcycles as a whole.  Unlike many of my peers, I haven't isolated myself to a single brand.  You know... like the guy that rides Harleys and thinks everything else is a POS?  Or the guy that rides Indians and everyone else is an idiot for riding another brand... or the guy .. well, you get the point :)

Dream Machines.  Ever been to that dealer?  They have one in Dallas.. one in Austin.  They sell pretty much .. EVERYTHING.    Harleys, Vics, Indians, Choppers, Sport bikes... sort of overwhelming.  And awesome.  Can you imagine working there and getting the opportunity to ride a different bike, every day of the week?

As most know, I've got several brands of bikes.   I LOVE my Indians.  I love most Indians, across the board.  I love MY Harley, but not all Harleys. There are some that just look like, everyone elses bike?  Ever seen the meme where the girl is crying, and they can't figure out which black Streetglide is theirs?  Come on now.. that's some funny sh*t!

Dad recently got a '12 Vic Cross Country.  Beautiful candy red.  Bike rides awesome and comfortable.  The 106ci VTwin propels that puppy nicely down the road.  It's common knowledge that Victory's are better bikes than HDs.  But HD isn't selling great bikes, they are selling a great BRAND.  ( and yes, they do make good bikes).  Point being,  I like pretty much most American Iron across the board, and the Vics as well. Actually, I've become a huge fan of Vic's the last few years.  Has me smiling every time I see Dad's bike.

Triumph.  That's what prompted this post.  Several years ago I got an R3. Why?  It's one of the biggest and baddest bikes on the planet. It is NOT a popular bike.  Many think it's 'ugly'.  Many think it's too big. The list goes on.  I personally think it reeks of testosterone.  It's big, but feels small to me.  I can't win?  In any case, I bought this bike for the power.   For the Speed.  Think 140HP. Think 150+ ft lbs of torque.   Think 130+ mph in a 'blink of an eye'.  True, raw power.   But recent circumstances ( hint ZX14R) had me rethinking things, along with Indian introducing the DarkHorse model for '16.  So , I was going to sell.  Problem is.. i REALLY like this bike!!  I've got it set up for solo riding, so I don't get out on it enough, but researching on whether to get a '15 R3 or a DH, I realized how much untapped performance is in this bike.  So, I'm keeping it.  I'm re motivated.  There is probably 20HP and some other things there just waiting to be tapped.  And , if I'm happy with the outcome, maybe I'll finally get my Orange bike?  Already have the paint scheme in my brain.  No matter how this plays out, it's going to be bad ass.  Even more than it already is....  Let the upgrades begin........

Is Spring here yet?

Comments