Secrets Aura Cozumel



First let me say this...
Awesome Vacation!  



Why?  EVERY single person we spoke to, from day 1 to the last day, from the Bell Boys to the General Manager, were courteous, respectful and made us feel welcome!  That alone, makes for a great vacation.

The weather cooperated.  We had an awesome room.  Rooms were near the beach/pool.   Top Shelf liquor and great food.  Altogether, a great vacation!

Quick overview of the positives.  Interestingly, we were destined to a different resort on the Island, but due to a remodel, our Travel Agency moved us to the Sunscape Sabor.   Maria, our Travel Agent pulled out her Rolodex, contacted the GM, and had us upgraded to the Aura Secrets (we’ve done a LOT of business with her). The GM met us at check in, assured me everything would be good to go… and… he was 100% correct.  And for my Travel agent, Maria.... you rock as always!  I'll always continue to use you all,  and recommend you in the future to all!

Upon arrival, after our welcome drinks, introductions and a quick check-in, we were brought over to the Premium Club rooms and enjoyed all the perks.   We had two rooms due to the size of our party; one faced the beach (building 900), the other was facing the pool, but had an ocean view as well (building 800). Rooms were nothing short of perfect.   Comfortable beds, high quality showers/tub, and all the other amenities one would expect.   My only complaint is the A/C units are above the beds… took me days to fine tune this so I could get a good night’s sleep!  (If I’d spent some time from the get-go with the remote and figuring it all out, vs every night at midnight... most likely would have solved the problem quicker?)

The best restaurant on the grounds was by far, the French restaurant.  I could have eaten there every night (we met one couple that did!).   One interesting note on ALL the restaurants; NO reservations required.   That’s a big change from all the other AI’s I’ve been to.   Makes things much simpler.  Best meal we had was the night of my Birthday.  The concierge arranged for us to have a dinner on the Pier.  Nothing short of Perfect.  Made my day!  Like I said; the staff was awesome!

Our Pool Concierge was magnificent (Mariana).  The day we left, was hard; felt like we’d truly created a friendship ….  Difficult to leave! Our main waitress on the beach; Vicky.  She was a rock star and worked her butt off, ALWAYS bringing drinks to us (and we drank, a LOT!).  She brought out food off the menu to us on the beach, daily.  Getting the picture here?  The main pool bartender was Rigo; He didn’t smile as much as the other two, but once he got to know how you wanted your drinks (and a tip didn’t hurt), life was good!

Would I go back?  Hell Yes!


Ok... nothing is ever 100% perfect.  So, in full disclosure, here we go.  This was a twist for me, because we went to this area back in ’08 when it was comprised of three resorts: Wyndham, Sabor and Aura.   I was initially confused that it’s now Sunscape Sabor and Secrets Aura.  The old wyndham part is now Sabor, and part of it, I believe, is the Preferred Club section (with the newest renovations).  The Old Sabor is part of Aura Secrets as well as the original Aura.   This screwed with me for a few days and I tried to piece it all together.  Had I never been there before, I’d been in ignorant Bliss, but my nature is to try and figure everything out!    So, we’re now staying in what used to be the low-end section, but is now the high end!   Except for one small detail.  One thing I remembered from ’08 was there was a part of the resort that smelled like….   well... a sewer.   The East part of the Preferred Club area (farthest from the beach)... was near that.   That boggles my mind how 7+ years later, they still haven’t solved the issue, and why people would put up with it.     Not an issue for me due to my location…but... had to be for some!  If they would fix this one problem, the place would be …..  Well …… perfect 




Comments