R3 don't speak Japanese

Headed out to the Garage yesterday ... was feeling the need for some speed!   Need to head over to see my sis for a quick visit, and the best way is via 2 lane roads .. the long way.  Problem is... as I get ready to back out the Ninja .. i notice the tags are expired.  Crap!  Right next to it.. the Triumph Rocket 3.  WTF...   it's plate's look good .. so I'm backing it out.

Onward to Lone Oak to top off the tank then I'm headed out.  This bike is a Torque/HP monster.   As soon as I get on the 2 laner headed out of town, I'm refreshing myself with the power band.  First gear is good for at least 55mph... second gear I'm hitting 85mph as I shift....  and I haven't found the rev limiter.  Third gear I'm in triple digits.. but ..   I don't have a brain bucket on ... not dressed for the slide... so .. I back out of it.  Half a dozen times I'll hit the triple digit mark playing around.  My speedo says 110 at one point, but my app I'm using says I only tapped 102.  I don't trust the speedo's number .. so .. the app wins.  The odometer shows the evidence I need to ride it more ofen.  Purchased it used about 5 years ago with 10k miles.  With less than 12k on the odometer... the bike is telling me I've been neglecting it.. it needs me to ride it more.  

Passed this storage shed in Cumby -  Photo Opp!

Best part of this day is I have no schedule.  Folks are still in Church.  Not much traffic.  Never saw a
single popo'.  So...  I'm keeping the speedo up there a notch.  On the way back .. I'm hungry...  debating ... but..  mama' is at home.  Pool is calling my name. Just as I'm on my last leg, I see the fuel light come on.  I'm not familiar with the stretch of road I'm on and wondering where I'm going to find a fuel stop.  As I crest the hill, there in front of me are two gas stations... really?  Pure luck.   Top if off with premium., slam a large POWERADE, and...  I'm headed home.   As I come off the best part of the paths taken, rolling back into Lone Oak I'm pulling up behind a crotch rocket.  Guy is putting along.  I should have blew by him over the double yellow.. but.. I was coming down off the high. Soon as we get onto Hwy 69 headed north, in top gear I grab some throttle and I know he's wondering what just pulled away from him.  He follows me up to 90mph .. then.. backs off.  I'm pretty sure he could have easily given me a run for the money .. but .. not today.   Back in the garage it goes, next to the Ninja ...



Not a bad lil errand run for the day...

Comments