Party at Dittel's

Just spent two weeks in MS for a JEEP event and family down from Nebraska with no break in between.   Always a good time, but ... we had to get back Saturday for Brother Dick and Holly whom were having a lil get together.  Donihue's had drove in the day before from Arkansas.  Orion/Fireshot/Pullout from our CVMA chapter rolled in as well, living nearby.  Two years ago I first saw Rockey Jones when he was playing at Steel Horse Rally.  This past year, Brother Dick ran into him twice and asked him to come to Texas to play at his home.  Well, damned if I'm going to miss that!  So Saturday morning, we load up and headed West.

Rolled in around 1800 hrs as the grill was starting up; I think them folks had a big head start on me and I had some catching up to do!  Six pack of ice cold beer later, floating around listening to Rocky crank out some tunes ...   you just knew it was going to be a great night.  Few of Dicks' neighbors were unable to make it due to summer travel out of town, but worked out for a nice intimate setting in his back yard.  Burgers and Sausages rocked as well as all the other sides, Rockey was kicking out tunes for the next SIX hours and all in all just a great night. At some point I heard someone say it was after 2am, which triggered me into calling it a night!  

Somewhere before 0700 I was up and moving and found the boys downstairs sipping coffee on the front porch.  After some java, Bloody Mary's were calling our name after a Saturday in the sun in the pool.  Still by Noon, Donihues and Lossner's were headed home. I'm guessing the Dittels found the recliners as soon as our cars started.  Hour later at home I was doing the same.... sawing logs with a smile on my face, with the weekend still not over.  My pool was calling my name after that nap.

Living the Dream!

GRILL up some GRUB!

Triple D? (Holly was airborne a second later taking us out with a splash!)




Sunday Morning :  Bloodys!





Comments