Krimson

 Well.... all done.  Modifications completed. Back home in Tejas. Finally.

In December I committed to purchase this baby.  Crazy part is ... wasn't my original plan.  I saw the new '24 Elite and it caught my eye.  I thought .. F' It.. I'm all in this time around. Called my 'one and only dealer'  BUT... theirs was already spoken for.  Eric (my CVMA Brother that works there) said he'd put me on the 'list' and I said yes... but... didn't think anything would come of it.   In the meantime, I noticed they had three new '22 Challenger Limiteds on the floor; Blue, Gray and Maroon.  The Maroon one had a backrest for the passenger and luggage rack already on it and was discounted several thousand (all 3 were).   More I looked at it, the more it got in my brain.  Mama didn't want a Pursuit (she hates the whole tour pack thing), so ... I'm scheming.  I've wanted a Challenger for a few years but kept talking myself out of one. Decided to take this a slightly different route.  Found a nice tail bag for it from Viking Bags, had the stereo upgraded to six speakers total with lowers (600watts!).  Put a heated Ultimate Tall Boy Seat on it.  Swapped out the exhaust with a bad ass 2 into 1. Tune from Lloydz to give it some umph.  Was going to do Cams but Jr talked me out of them.  Not enough bang for the buck .... yet.  Tall handlebars so I can stretch out. Throw in the highway pegs, phone holder, cup holder, upgraded all the boards.... now... it was looking good.  Sort of unlike any other I've seen to date.

2024 Challenger Elite
Now that Elite.... beautiful bike.  Classy paint job.   Here is the real kicker. Eric reached out to me on Friday, six weeks from the date I got my Limited.  They were finalizing the upgrades on the Limited (some parts were backordered) and he tells me ... he can deliver BOTH my Limited and a new Elite this week.  Gave me a killer deal (I've bought a shit load of bikes from Indian in Little Rock over the last ten years)... and ... I was tempted.  I almost did it.  Hell, it would have upped the bar for one of the 'dumbest thing I've ever done.'   I went off the rails getting the Challenger last year; was totally unnecessary.  Now, to get both?  I almost had a weak moment.  Cringed at telling Lucy my plans.... but came to my senses.  Kicker is when I told her what I almost did, she didn't react how I expected.  She thought it was a dumb idea .. but... would have given in.   So, almost had another weak moment after that conversation... but... Survived the Stupidity of it all. But damned it's a sweet bike.

Well, Todd delivered the new bike while I was in town earlier today.  When I pulled up it was out of the trailer in the sunlight.  For the first time, I could see in full what I'd envisioned.  Got to admit, I personally think it's a beauty.  Different look than my other Indian(s), but ....   in it's own way .. badass!  Now, to put some miles on it!

KRIMSON (view 1)

KRIMSON (view 2)


KRIMSON (view 3)




Comments

Well done, looks great! You are going to love that engine and the way that bike handles! 3500-4500 rpm’s it’ll rock!
RickkciR said…
Thank you Brother! Only 130 mi on it to date. Taking it out today to have some fun :)
RickkciR said…
Oil changed a lil over 500 miles ... NOW .. time to rev this fucker up and see what she'll do?