Memorial weekend in Jefferson Texas

 Just has a great motorcycle related weekend at a  Tri State blowout in Jefferson!  I wrote about here (click here)

I've been planning this since last year. But it changed locations/venues to Jefferson TX which is a nice town and I'd only been a few times.  The last few times I'd attended this event I rolled in early, back before dark. This time I got us a Bed n' Breakfast downtown that was pet friendly assuming we'd be bringing Peanut.  To say they are Pet Friendly is an understatement.  Folks rolled in with one ... two ... sometimes three Fidos!  Still, it's a nice place and I'd visit anytime without a pet.   Now here was the real kicker.  I'd chose that for Peanut (whom passed away last month). What I didn't see coming was the FOOD!   One of the Owners (Jessi) is a top notch Chef (Jessi) is a top notch Chef and breakfast alone is worth the trip!  Daily Breakfast and drinks (unlimited Bloody Mary's and Mimosas if you are inclined) are included.  Dinner's are avail by reservation and an additional cost.  

The Carriage House is located in Downtown and just a block or two to town center.  Hell, next door they rent Golf Carts if one is inclined.  They have a nice small courtyard where they always had a fire pit going.  Ingredients for smores were included daily.  The fridge on the deck nearby had multiple choses of complimentary wines (Boxed.  Bring your own if needed!)

I'd booked this for a Bike Rally blindly and had no idea I'd discover a lil' gem for future trips.   The place has something like 7 or 8 rooms available.  My King Suite could use an update,  but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean.  Nice big flat screen for watching.  Coffee maker in the room, but right outside my hallway was fresh ground coffee and juices. Me personally, I was hardly in my room overall so ... I was content.

Yep ... I'll be back.  Didn't even scratch the surface of exploring the beautiful lil' Texas town of Jefferson.

The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast

Sunday morning two course breakfast


First course of breakfast Sat

Sat morning bkfst

Moving Slow Sunday Morning before heading out





Comments