Guess... I'm in a mood...

I guess my FB readings have given me a day to day insight into the 'average' person's thought process... there are so many things I read about, and want to reply.. but then it might not be 'appropriate' so to speak.. .... so, I guess these thoughts will find there way to my blog. Guess I feel a notch safer here?

Thoughts....

You wanted the baby, now you complain about work and 'life' around it. What I don't understand is, who do you think is going to care for the child when you have to work? Here's my thought straight and simple. You screwed up if you have to figure out who's going to take care of that child while you make a living. Doesn't mean you don't love that baby. Doesn't mean you can't 'make it work'. But lets get the basic fact out of the way... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? That child deserves a parent raising them... not a babysitter... not the school system.... their Parent. You were thinking about 'you'.... and you blew it. Now, what you do moving forward, makes or breaks it for them in life.

Pregnancy ( weight gain) : Lets say the avg baby weighs....10 lbs. Lets say the avg females weighs 125lbs. Now.. my math says ... 125+10+fluid=150? I do NOT buy into "eating for two" . Sorry.. you are not. I buy into eating nutritionally sound. I buy into , at 9 mos, you are feeding someone else that comprised 10% additional requirements. I even buy into having urges to eat 'certain foods'. What i don't but into is adding 10, 20 or 50++ lbs during pregnancy! After the birth ( add a week or two ), one should be near their starting weight! NO excuses! If you want to stuff calories into your system and not workout while pregnant.. just prepare for future weight issues possibly. Point being .. don't blame the baby. You did this one all on your own. You complain about the job you have, but I wonder what you were thinking of? when you got pregnant then married while still a teenager ( or for the guys.. got her pregnant.still applies)? Now you are divorced, working at WalMart, and tired of work. Do you know wish someone had slapped some sense into you during HS?

You are leaving the tough decisions to God. Why not make them yourself? Why not take responsibility for why your life hit some low points? Why your spouse left you? You say 'he' will take care of the details... isn't that what you are supposed to do? And you wonder why your life was/is a mess? Pray for guidance... Pray for strength. Pray for a lot of things... but take some responsibility for your own life and make it a success. Sorry .... your trips to church on Sunday and all those groups won't 'fix' things unless you do.

Praying. you don't understand how this could happen to such a family...to your friend... to ...well, you get the picture. Shit happens. It's as simple as that. I learned 18 mos' ago about this fact personally. I watched the nicest , sweetest person I've ever known fight, and then lose, a long battle with Breast Cancer. I don't believe this was part of "God's Plan".... When you read that a school bus of kids from church camp were killed, how is this part of God's Plan? No; Shit Happens... Simple as that. I know this sounds bad. Hey, I'm a Christian. I'm a believer. I believe in the strength of prayer. I just don't believe life is scripted. I don't believe God has us on puppet strings...... I believe a lot of things are on autopilot, and you've got the ability to direct and redirect some of the outcomes. And, sometimes... not.... and this is when..... Shit happens. Sorry.

Power of Prayer: This is going to sound hypocritical. There is a time for prayer. Sometimes, things do work out. Was it's God's hand? You won't know until you find yourself up there to ask him personally. That being said, I believe Prayer works. I believe my daughter has her mother today, due to the power of prayer. Everyone that was there, to include her Doctors and Nurses, said it was a miracle. I prayed and cried for that miracle. Was it? Everyone says it was. Would it have happened otherwise? I may never know, and would do it all over again.... Had I lost her, I don't believe that would have been god's plan. But it would have put to test my character and abilities. And I would have been continuing to pray for strength and guidance.

You're not happy with your job.... What have you done to 'fix' this? Taken ANY classes to further your knowledge or education? Stay well read in your industry? Most people don't. Yet, they are unhappy in their current position or surprised when they don't get promoted or worse, get fired. if you aren't moving forwards, you are moving backwards. Simple as that... The good news is .. when someone grasps this situation, and they have the right attitude.... man, can they go far. 50% of society is just stumbling along ... another 25% shows up for work and leaves promptly at the end of their shift ( making a buck) .. so that leaves only 25% to be concerned about.... and it doesn't' take much to get in the upper area of that heap.... if .. you really want it.

Computer knowledge. It's beyond my grasp how the average person is clueless with basic computer functionality. Sorry, I believe the average person should
  • Know how to compose and send, with an attachment , an email
  • Know how/where to save an attachment from your email of choice, so you have a clue where to find it weeks or months later
  • Know how to create , save and print a document and spreadsheet
  • Know how to make a copy (i.e. backup ) of your computers data
  • Know how to transfer your Digital Camera's pictures to your computer and send them ( in a smaller size if necessary) to your friends and family.

Kudos to you if you know how to make them available via a site like Picasa or Flickr.
If one can't do this....... why complain because you dig a ditch for a living or work at WalMart?


Weight: I've always believed people have no excuses for being obese. Your home growing up, may have instilled some BAD habits. You may have picked up some BAD habits. I'll admit I have a new found respect for the difficulty it poses keeping your body weight in check as you get older, but lets be honest with each other. If you are overweight, or someone you know, are they eating correctly? Working out 3 times or more a week? I've NEVER known anyone obese ( or
just overweight for that matter) , to be doing this.. no one. Surgical solutions validate that you are eating too much and/or too lazy to work out. Simple as that. Hey, life sucks. We like our deserts. We like our alcohol. We like our snacks. Most people don't want to 'work out' . Guess what.... that's how one becomes overweight. It's such a simple fix/solution. Note: My weight isn't where it should be.. but .. i have NO excuses. I know why I'm where I"m at . I know how to fix it. I'm not making excuses.

Overweight people are happy with themselves. Not. Honestly, if someone is 'happy' with themselves, I'm 'OK' with it. You want to overeat, or eat unhealthy, and you honestly believe it doesn't matter.... god bless ya! But, I've found to date, with my dealings, everyone that says they are 'happy' overweight/obese.. are not. They want to lose weight, wish they could, dream they could, etc, etc... but are too lazy . Simple as that. It's OK. Just admit it, is all I ask. I don't want to hear how life isn't fair. How you are discriminated against. How the airline tried to charge you for an extra seat, etc, etc. You take in more calories than you should have, and now... you don't like what you see. Time , and time again, people who say they are happy/content, prove they are not with actions in the future... do something about it.

Calories. The average person, especially overweight people.. have no grasp of nutrition. Scary. Most people can't tell you how many calories are in a gram of protein or carbohydrate or fat. This is BASIC stuff. One should have a small clue , of maybe, just maybe, how many calories they need to take in a day to maintain their weight (or lose!). Not exact.. but a conceptual overall number. Make an attempt. How can one even attempt to lose weight... if they don't understand the basics. I'm not talking about counting calories for the rest of your life.. just get a feel for it.


For some reason.. I had an urge to put some of these thoughts 'on paper' . I'm FAR (!) from perfect and still fine tuning my journey through life. I've made more than my share of mistakes along the way, but if you learn from them, the outcome is wisdom :) The goal is to minimize those mistakes as you move forward.... I'm trying....

Comments