Three weeks in...

For two dozen decades... I loved to hit the gym. Was an integral part of my life . Over a dozen years ago , I built a commercial quality gym to work out in. ...but... over the years.. have waivered. Half a dozen injuries have plagued me. My job took precedence . It's gathered too much dust.

When I retired from the USAF... I was 263lbs. Within a few years... I busted through to a larger waist size. Few more years down the road, again. Few flags went off, got back into the gym.. then repeated the cycle .. again and again.

In '06 I'd hit 300 lbs body weight. I was working out, so .. let it slide. I shouldn't have. The last five years or so .. .. I told myself I didn't care. My focus has been my job. .. motorcycles... GOOD food .... and .... i enjoy my adult beverages. Max weight recently; 316lbs .. and .. belly was ( is ) proof, I was lying to myself.  But damned, I was enjoying that lie!

But.. something has to give. So .... back in the gym now for several weeks. Paying the price. Hoping to stay injury free ( or minimize it at least ) .. sadly .. this is a broken record annually. Hopefully .. not this time

P.S. Great workout today ..... !

Comments

tinker said…
Good on you Rick for keeping on it. I hit the gym a lot as well, but it's far from my favorite thing, I do it because I feel I have to (rather than want to). I've always thought that the best way to stay fit, is to find something physical that you really enjoy doing, something that you look forward to do, and do that.
Unknown said…
Thou shalt not give in to the temptation to quit this time for if you do, Glenn and I will laugh at you.