All I want to do is ride .... drama free

I've been riding for about 33 years.. .got 'serious' about it ...   about 8 years ago.  That's when .. I joined my first Riding Group ...   the IRG.   It's was Kings Mountains Indian Motorcycle Riding  Group.   I remember getting my card and thinking .. "woohooo!'  .. then .. nothing . .nada... zilch .   Crickets. 
Few years later I joined HOG.. or they joined me.   Like Indian, I believe it was 'free' .. automatic  .. the first year.   I continued for several years; they have a monthly ( maybe it was quarterly ) magazine... few good stories... a nice patch .. and ..  unless you hung out at the dealership with all the other HOG hang-arounds for a ride.. that was about it.. so ..   that fell by the wayside.  I still get the emails begging me to join ...   they had me for 5 years; that was enough.
About Six years ago ... I found the IIRA : Iron Indian Riders Association.  I discovered a core groups of Riders/Owners, many whom had been through dark times when Indian went belly up back in '03 ( Gilroy ).  They were a tight knit group.  I liked what I saw.  However it took me awhile to figure it all out; they are loosely organized, spread around the US, strong in some areas, weak in others.  Depends on the people themselves.  The Chapters.   But, it's been my focus  and I've met some great folks via the IIRA and made some great friends.  The IIRA is where my heart is.
 
Along the way ... I've joined a few others.  The Road Weasels.  I'm currently a Lifetime IMRG member , AMA member, AMCA member.   I see value in all these  .  I'd joined the IOA as a charter member when it first began, but I was never a fan of their Patch ( personal preference ) .   Never really approved of the reasons for their startup.  So, let it fall by the wayside quickly.  And today, I made the decision to no longer continue with the IARG.

I'd joined the IARG around five years ago.  In retrospect, there was no upside for the most part in my joining.   I never participated in any IARG rides.   I never participated in any IARG meetings.   For those out of state, it actually doesn't make any sense in the big picture.   If you're local to them, you get Indian Dealer discounts in the Twin Cities , but otherwise.......no real "value."   I met some great people over the last five years or so traveling up to MN in August for rides and an event after the Sturgis time frame, and will continue to do so.  But , not as an IARG member.   To be honest, I never embraced it.  Never 'felt it' ...   However, as of recent,  I was starting to.    I was debating on possibly becoming active with them somehow, even though there is a large distance, due to friendships I'd developed within their ranks.  But, after today I don't see any value. Today, it's off my radar. No longer has my support.

Good news is ....    2017 Riding season is here!  I'm ready to ride ....   ready to put some miles on the bike....    Drama free ...
#IRONINDIANRIDERS

Comments