Busy Summer of Riding!

Have to admit...   I'm thinking .. " how the hell am I going to pull all this off!"   It's the first of May, and looking out my window as I'm typing this ..not a cloud in the sky, temps are perfect .. and .. here I sit.  WTF? :)   So.. I sit here dreaming... scheming .. planning....

Looking ahead the next few months, couple of Iron Indian (IIRA) events, headed up to MN in August to do some riding in conjunction with an Indian related event up there in mid-month, and then debating on Bikes, Blues and BBQ which I attended five years in a row but have taken a 2-3 hiatus from it.



First up .. Durango!   Cool part of this year, we're riding in.  That's approx 1,000 miles split up over a two day period.  The first 1/2 will be on the tasking side , since we'll be doing about 600 miles.  The second half is the fun part; twisties from NM into CO.   My kind of riding!     Then, we'll kick it up for several days in the beautiful mountains of the area, tear it up with our fellow Iron Indian Brothers and Sisters, and repeat day after day, then .. reverse and head home!



July will be month filled with local rides, jaunts down to Galveston, and nothing but Texas Sunshine!  Nothing like hearing the sound/waves, of the Gulf of Mexico.  Mesmerizing!



August, we head back North to the place I graduated HS, have family, life long friends, and .. .numerous 'new' friends spanning the last five years.  Changing it up a lil' this year with a LOT of riding outside the Twin Cities daily.  The last five years have been focused, originating in around the Twin Cities which in all fairness, has a lil too much concrete for my tastes.  Hell, I feel the same way about Dallas here locally.  You need to get out , out to the 2 laners.  Away from traffic.  Where you can grab some throttle and enjoy the scenery.   And, in smaller groups!  A part of me, as with many, find an appeal to ride with a large group ( think poker runs, fund raisers ) , but EVERY single time I do, I question WTF I'm doing in the mix as you watch people leave 100' gaps, ride out of sequence, drop their bikes, leaders at the front barreling ahead completely incoherent of the 100-500 people they just left in the dust.  I see it everywhere, not just up there.  So, small groups it is.  Now that being said, given the opportunity I might attend an event or two there locally; maybe.  That's several months out; we'll have to wait and see I suppose.   Icing on the cake will be riding to / from of course!.   One thousand miles each way, is 1/2 the fun!


Then, to polish off the month, hope to attend "The Gathering!"   Nothing like riding in the Ozarks.  Beautiful part of the country , where my Dad lives on the southern edge of it.  This is the second annual for the event, so guessing they've gotten the bugs out and greased the wheels.  Should be filled with awesome memories!



Then....  time to take a deep breath and consider... BBBQ?





Comments