FB Restricted

 Pssst... I've got a lil Secret . but first, a lil humor.

A buddy of mine says to me via FB Messenger, something along the lines of how he had to deal with the Texas mess of weather the last week.  I'm thinking 'huh ...  didn't see anything on that' so I jump over to his profile page for a quick scan.  Nothing, nada. But within seconds I realize an interesting coincidence.  So I msg back ...   "Looks like I'm restricted on your page.. only see a few public posts every once in awhile.. I'm sorry for what ever I did .. sniff ..  hehe"  ... the response I get back was an nonchalant "wow you are"  but nothing else.  As I look again, this morning .. same.  We rode yesterday, etc.. good times .. but.. guess someone got a lil butt hurt over something I did / said recently?  LMAO

Okay .. my secret.. .. but.. it's not a secret.  Hell, I got called out back in '17 for doing this exact thing to someone else.  What was impressive is she figured it out within an hour of my doing it.  When I flipped her over to 'restricted' she called me out asking why.  Sorta' caught me off guard! No big deal except NO ONE ELSE has ever caught it or asked. So, I was pretty impressed.  Also obvious someone was all over my page reading my posts to have caught it so quickly?  The 'secret?'  The beauty of restricting your audience.

Had a family member say something to me a few weeks ago. They got pissed at their future mother in-law so they blocked them on FB.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   WTF?  How's that going to be for a harmonious future? Talk about throwing the future hubby in the frying pan!  Anyways I was like  " Nooo..   You should have restricted her and unfollowed her" ..Problem solved! By unfollowing, you don't see her BS moving forward on your news-feed.  By restricting her, you essentially fence her off your page simply by posting 'non publicly' moving forward (Friends only).  Done.  And there is a 99.9% chance she'll never have a clue.  Most people in my 'age group' are completely clueless to how this all works.  Hell, most people period.  In fact .. I'll bet....

.... 80% of those reading this were wondering what I was even talking about and just learned something new?  Now...  I wonder how long until my 'buddy' unrestricts me and continues to act like nothing happened? LMAO

OSHA Danger Restricted Area Authorized Personnel Only Sign ...

Comments