Texas Winter - Historical Lows

 The Big Freeze!

Crazy Shit! We were supposed to travel to Mexico on the 17th ...  but a winter storm of historical proportions hit Texas; the ENTIRE state.  Hell, much of the country felt some of the cold lows, but Texas took the biggest hit overall, due to the frigid record low temps that made it all the way to the Gulf.  We knew it was coming but I really didn't believe it'd be as bad as the predicted.  I had concerns of frozen water pipes, because it's happened to us before in Greenville and Galveston, but that was about it.  What I didn't see coming, nobody did ...  was the Power Grid issue.   The whys and hows are still being brutally examined.   It's in the rear view mirror for me now.  Home in Greenville is fine after some crazy ON/OFF with the power for almost a week. Dealt with a frozen pipe issue, then water shut off by the utility caused some issues.. but.. all good.  One of my Galveston homes has a few broke pipes; I'll fix them next week.  Guessing a deep investigation in the chaotic BS that caused all this will go on this year, and hopefully it'll never happen again. Hell, this was a once in a lifetime event anyways.   You know.. with the Global Warming and all? LMAO

Anyways, our flights out of DFW canceled.  Rebooked.  Canceled.  Rebooked.  Canceled.  F' it, pulled the plug. Well, I'm rebooked for next month to go to Mexico. We had a full credit plus 10%, so we're headed to the same location flying First Class both directions.  Works for me.  Got to stay here in Texas to ensure everything is good.  Works for me.  Hell, started up the motorcycle for a CVMA ride this afternoon with the Chapter.  Works for me. Temps got up to 70!  Works for me.  So now.. it's all behind us.  One can hope?

As I write this, we're almost thawed out.  Few mounds of snow in the yard.  Roads are clear. I'm guessing by tomorrow afternoon.. all traces will be gone.

God Bless Tejas!

 

It begins!


 

WTF?  This is a first!  I don't remember anything less than 19deg in the last few decades.

They forecasted it... CRAZY SHIT!

You know... Florida sometimes.. looks pretty good?


 


Day 2 view. First snow of 2.

     
Woke up to this beautiful View after the first snow

Brother Dick and Holly stayed with us for a few days



 
First morning
 
 

 Yesterday, before the final thaw


Comments