FU Ida

 FU Ida

Have to admit .. lil' bit of stress this weekend.  Last week, a disturbance quickly became a tropical storm.. then .. a Cat 1.  We now had Hurricane Ida headed towards the Gulf Coast and .. lets just say .. I have a lil' bit at risk here?  With a home in Galveston right on the beach and a home in Mississippi less than 1,000 ft from the beach ... I might have been puckering a lil?

Galveston this morning ... FU Ida! :)

It quickly became apparent the Galveston home was clear and thank you Lord for that!  After a storm last year, we and our neighbors had to rebuild our yards and dunes and it would have been disastrous at this point.  But now, our MS home in at risk.  Early tracks showed it potentially coming our direction and I have family living 5 miles west of my home also at risk.  As a Cat 1, they were predicting Cat 3 levels which would quickly change to Cat 4 then Cat 5!  Kicker is, this was on the 16th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina which as a Cat 3 and was catastrophic for the entire region; damned. 



Well, my Nephew's kid with a new baby and a young un' pulled the plug and headed north to safety as they should.  My nephew and his new bride with all their pets chose to ride it out. Yep .. I was worried!  When the sun came up this morning I raced to check out all my security cameras and ...   bam(!) ... all good! Not a branch on the ground, had power, Internet service and my family there was safe and sound.  Folks in Louisiana took the brunt of it all and it looked ugly on the news.  Folks lost their lives and lord knows how many did overall...  as all the news comes in no doubt ... it'll get ugly.

Owning homes in the mix on the gulf now for over eleven years... once again, we came out ... okay.  Back during Harvey we had some damage and insurance took care of it.  Last year, it was out of pocket with storms.  But in the big picture... feeling blessed.   

I love the Gulf Coast.. it's all worth the risk and headaches.  Now, time to get  back down there... ... soon!


 


 Cameras....   Beach side(garage, neighbor's home), view out the front door, and the back yard

Comments