Never enough time..........

 ....... closed the chapter on a multi year situation this week.  In conjunction, had a motorcycle newbie attempt to bust my balls with some BS asking why I don't promote rides, run events because I stated my opinion on a specific ride that ...myself and many others disagreed with ......My response was " I didn't say I PROMOTE ... I attend and support events .. I ride multiple brands. I don't have enough time in the week to ride all my bikes much less worry about other's riding. IIRA, IMRG, IOA and others have numerous events throughout the year. After a nauseating 3 years ... he finally got a few to show up. Looks like you all had a good time. .. I've known this guy longer than you've probably been riding... give it a rest"   

Now .. the point of this post.   Life is Short. You've got to pick and choose. Me personally, I'm still working but one could argue I'm semi-retired I guess.  But still, I've got close friends that tell me all the time to "Slow it Down!" Every two or three weeks, I'm here or there.  I have to admit I question the sanity of it all sometimes myself.   I've created a great home on acreage and all the amenities that the wife and I enjoy immensely, and we bring in family and friends to share whenever possible.  And yet.. I'm always "somewhere else" it seems. Between my Indian Motorcycle Interests, Jeep interests and Combat Vet Motorcycle Association Interests...lets just say .. I'm a lil thin on time. Hell, I contemplated putting my name in the hat for Commander with the CVMA with our Detachment, soon to be Chapter recently but opted out. Why? Not enough time.

So many things / interests drive many/most of us.  I'm always weighing things, to make it all work.  Hell, we recently sold a house on the Island of Galveston and a second one is right behind it.  We' moved our 'destination' from that location to Mississippi on the gulf for various reasons.  At the same time, we have CVMA chapters nearby on the Gulf that have my attention down there. I'm constantly looking at the calendar trying to make it all mesh, but damned... .not enough time!

Back to my opening statement.  I have enough friends.  I don't need to try and make more. I don't need to attend events to build up the FB friends list.  I'm good.  Good till I die I suppose, but .. hopefully that'll be a few decades from now as I type this. My dad is still rocking it and he's 23 years ahead of me so as long as he having fun and kicking it, he's my barometer.  Still, I enjoy meeting new folks at events I attend. But, I enjoy seeing my existing friend base even more. It's what drives me to head to IIRA events.  And more recently, CVMA events.  My Jeep circle is slowly growing but that ones' on me. I've been Jeeping for 35 years but only recently ... a  lil more serious.  I've got a long ways to go in this area. And .. the vaca' trips we do to Mexico.  Between 1-5 annually and that crap will wear you out!  We've almost purchased property in that country .. but then .. we've got to use it!   Not enough time......

Time .....   most people I know either don't have the vacation time built up, or the funds saved to exploit the time they have available.  Time is the one thing we can't replace. So, I tend to push hard to do as much as I can in the time the Lord is giving me in this lifetime. What's that saying . ."Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserve body... It's rather to slide in sideways yelling holy shit what a ride!!! "

I passed on an event this week in SD that I'd been planning on attending the last year. I passed on one back in June up in Wyoming.  Medical reasons, but minor in the big picture.  Two more days I see a doc and hopefully put it all behind me (pun intended).  I'm soooo pissed off I'm here typing this and not in Nemo, SD as I'd planned.  But today something happened and I know I made the correct decision. Two more days... and I see a Doc'.

Time .. I need more of it. I'm scheming to hit several more CVMA events this calendar year.  Pretty sure no more Indian Motorcycle specific events throughout '21, though Hot Springs will be hopping in October. Maybe I'll do the annual rally (all bikes)  there next month, where Gregory Polaris / Indian sets up , sell a stupid amount of bikes ..and do some great riding.. who knows....

Time.... don't have enough. I definitely don't have time to Promote shit.  I've got a lot .. of better things to be doing.



Comments

RickkciR said…
TOO FUNNY .... some dumfuk' shares off a portion of this post.... tries to hide pertinent info ..... but anyone with a brain can search it and find it.. and .. all the legit info in it. Well, except..... the SHEEP?
RickkciR said…
And yes... you dumfuk.... FOUR bikes