Let the thaw begin ...

We usually get a single snow/freeze day .. days .. week ... here in Greenville, Tx every year.   Last year's storm was a doozie.  This one, not too bad.  Last year I got caught with my pants down and head up my ass.  This year, was prepped and ready.  Good news is ... no issues this time around.

View through the screened in Porch this morning .. brrr

We dropped into the freezing temps a few days ago, and it shut down the DFW area and most small towns around me for the most part, but ...  no rolling blackouts.  No frozen pipes.   Just a few days of icy roads, lil snow on the ground and as I write this ....  the sun is out and ice is melting.  I'm guessing the yard will be free of any evidence by nightfall.   By Friday, we'll be in the upper 60s..  She'll dip below freezing at night, but that's a small price to pay.

toasty!
This year I had our small generator ready. Would have kept the fridge running and some lights.  Had about a cord of wood for the upstairs fireplace.  Had a full tank of propane for heat and the lower fireplace. Did some shopping knowing this was only going to last a few days.  On the coldest day, Lucy made me some 3 bean chili (I know.. BLASPHEMY!).  I kept the fire going the last two days.   Now .. .it melts.  I'm guessing I'll be riding the bike in a few days.

I like these Texas winters.  Just as long as we never get a repeat of Last Years!




Comments