MS Home : Cost to heat a Pool?

 Hmmmmmmmm... I've been cringing at the thought of this one.    After New Years, we cranked up the heat on the pool ....  we had it up to 95!  It was friggn' cold outside (20s and 30s?) ..   40s ... during the day ...   but that pool was steaming!   I've been wondering what that pain point is/was.  Well, part of the facts are in 


Bottom line ... for upwards of a week, was about $200.00 in Natural Gas cost.  I'll be doing this one more time during the month of February with my daughter visiting, but I'm only going to max out the pool temp at 89 and the night time temps won't be as low.  But, I'll keep it heated for an entire week so that one should be the real test?   Still, could have been worse?   I didn't know if this was going to be $100 or $1000 for this current bill; $200 I can live with for the fun factor.  

I've always been tempted to do this at the Greenville, TX home but it'd run off propane and THAT gets expensive.  I've heard crazy numbers like $200 a pop to get it up to temp for a party; think I'll pass. I've made it 20 years without it; 20 more won't kill me..... wait... 20?  Maybe, maybe not!

Bottom line, this heater option for a large 20x40 pool was worth it!

Early January, frigid and sunny outside.. but heated Pool!




Comments