Secrets Cozumel , Nov 2022

Here we go ... Trip #4 for the year to Mexico.  One more to go, but that's a different location over in the Playa Del Carmen area.   We were here back in March at this All Inclusive on a spontaneous vaca, but this one has been planned for almost a year!   With all the BS I've gone through the last month, considered canceling.  In fact, most close to me expected me to cancel. Few asked me to cancel. But, I got clearance from the Doc's last week and double checked yesterday.  I'm a go!   Key word for the week: MODERATION!

Changed one thing up this trip.  My sis n law is flying in this time to watch Peanut for us.  Jimmy has historically done it and works great but I know it cuts into his personal life and potentially messes with his work hours.  This came up as an option this time around so we jumped on it.

Wednesday is here and off we go.   Booked Business Class this time around for the seat space.  I'd promised Lucy several years ago whenever possible we'd be in the 'front row' seats.  This trip is up in the first 4 rows.  Perfecto'.   Airport, plenty of time.  Relaxing in the Admirals club for an hour or so then head to the gate.  My nephew Pablo and his wife Beth can't make it this trip, but ...to my surprise Pablo walks up with Johnny!  Johnny's GF backed out so Paul is in sharing a room.  Surprise Surprise Surprise!  Apparently, I was the only one that didn't know... hmmmmmmm.   My close friend Michael Hansen has rolled in as well as the Fosters. Just like old times!  Head to the plane, and a few hours later we land, grab a Taxi and checking in.   While checking in we meet some new friends (Shawn and Felicia) whom we'll see throughout the week.  He and I are both in the tech industry, lots of corvettes and motorcycles in our backgrounds so makes for some great conversation. Soon, we're into our fav' building, great view, huge deck out on the beach side; let the good times begin. At the resort, Lucy's fav room to date is 914.  The 900 building  is in the preferred section, beach front, near the restaurant.  We've stayed in that one a 1/2 dozen times. Room 914 often. Room 913 once.  Room 912 once. Room 111 last trip in the other beach front building.   This trip .... we're in 911. Some pool time, then off to dinner.  There is a new Dreams resort on the other side of the group of resorts so we had to the Mediterranean  restaurant for dinner.  It's packed.. and we're wearing shorts and they require slacks .... crap.  But, they have a private room and if I purchase a bottle of wine, they'll put us in there.  So 65 bux later, we're good to go.  Perfect! Upon leaving for our room it's raining but I spot a Golf Cart, find it's driver and ...  dry and back to the room in just minutes.  I like the way this trip is starting out.

Thursday will set the pace for the entire trip.  Breakfast on the balcony/deck, friends stop by, head to the pool around 11, swim and enjoy adult beverages ( and LOTS of water this trip) all day, then decide on a dinner location.  Many of the nights we'll hit the sky bar, others the swing bar.  Others we camp it out in the A/C in the preferred Club.  Day after Day of good times!

Fast forward to Monday and we change it up.  Yussell, a good friend of ours whom works at Secrets has invited us to his home for the last two years to cook us dinner and we finally take him up on it.  Grab a cab and search the streets for the right location that for some reason was more difficult than it should have been.  Finally get the taxi driver and Yussell on the phone together and five minutes later we're unloading.  The kids are soon in my arms with hugs and we're hanging out with he and Flor.  He's been cooking for two hours when we roll in and dinner is almost ready.  He's cooked 9 or 10 Lobster tails.  A huge plate of beef fajitas.  Pork filets.  Flor has made some awesome guacamole.  We're soon gathering around the table where he's graciously prepped this huge meal and enjoying home made Sangria and a few cervezas.  Doesn't get any better!   With a full stomach we eventually decide to head back before it gets dark. I'm getting ready to hail down a Taxi but he's looking at me like I'm nutz and quickly loads us into his Jeep SUV and we're all rolling back to Secrets.  Flor has her two kids in her lap and they are snoozing.  Listening to some great music in Spanish the whole way back;  I was diggin it.  Awesome! We're soon back at the Preferred Club for a final night with friends and some time at the swing bar before pulling the plug.

Can't believe Tuesday has rolled in already. It's always this way ... too soon!  By noon most of us are loaded into a cab and find a Pharmacy enroute for some goodies.  About 9,000 pesos later, headed to the airport for our final leg home.  Back into first class, sipping a Jack n Diet ... and ... snoozing.  

Next month, we do it again!  I'll do that one the same as with this one... with MODERATION, my new norm.  Come February we hope to see Shawn and Felicia in New Orleans!

We've arrived!  Pool Side bar ...

Sky Bar

View from my balcony

Michael was crazy with his blow ups



Yeah .. we made a statement




Michael and I at the swing bar


Dinner next to our room

Felica, Pablo and Shawn


Darla and I




Yep . EVERY morning!

View from my room

Lucy and I



I never get tired of this

Hey .. me next October out there on the boat?



View from the Oceana 

Dinner is Served!  Perfection!

Love these lil guys!

Yussell and Lucy!



Comments