Last Man Standing....

 Okay ... this one is out of left field, but on my mind.....

About 24 years ago, I had someone I worked for attempt to throw me to the wolves.  It caught me off guard at the time, being in the military for 20 years prior to that and for the most part,  we all had each other backs.   When I caught wind about it all I went into action mode and survived it.  When the smoke cleared, came out of it good financially and was soon off  working for a different company, a great company, for the next five years.... I have that Narcissistic POS to thank for it.

Then on a different note, that company I would work for those next five years?  I didn't take the job at first.  I actually turned it down 24 hrs before I was supposed to show up.  Then came back to them a week later with something like " I screwed up ... is the job still open?"   Well, I got my balls busted, but got the job and when I left ... I was the last man standing in our group out of all when I'd started, often catching some shit that I probably wouldn't last ... I'd leave on my own accord and life got even better.

Along the way, I've survived some stupid shit that's gone in some of my "hobbies" (ex. motorcycles).  There's been a lot of collateral damage along the way, but it's all behind me now and ...  have to snicker at a lot of it in retrospect.  Multiple groups, multiple situations, same old shit.  Now, it's all old news....

Then the latest. Came across Intel recently that several attempted to throw me to the wolves within a group I'm in.  Now the funny part to me, it wasn't just me but another buddy; two of us, unrelated issues. When that didn't work out for them, the clowns not only decided to move on, but got kicked to the curb by the group on their way out.  Me? I'm still standing and will be around for many, many more years.   Lesson learned in there on whom you can trust, keep your circle of friends tight, etc..   

Getting too old for this drama shit.  But, still here!





Comments