Dental Pain .. disbelief

We've all gone through most of it one time or another.   Besides cavities, there's the 'real' stuff.  Root Canal (can sometimes REALLY suck), Crowns (expensive!), bridges (never dealt with), and tooth extraction (crap). Yesterday was a busy one for me.

Spent 3.5 hours in the chair yesterday ...   was joking with them that they should just knock me out and wake me when it was all over, but no go.  I'm been getting a new crown(s) after some came off, and I procrastinated getting them immediately put back on... lesson learned in there.  If traveling, take it to a local dentist and ask them to put it back on professionally, immediately. Anyways, yesterday was a big one.  They finished putting a crown porcelain back on after losing one last year.  Then, they had to remove a crown from about 20 years ago due to some infection around it.  Then, the finale.  A crown had popped off next to the installed crown, but the tooth was cracked, needed a root canal last year but then broke in half.  Yesterday was my lucky day to have it extracted.  Few months from now, they prep to 'install' a replacement tooth......  but...

Thankfully the doc numbed the entire right side of my mouth pretty good, so during the procedures, felt no pain.  Still, she got her ass kicked pretty good removing the tooth. I thought the crown issues were taking awhile; no ... the extraction did. God knows how many tools she used to get the friggin thing out, but she kept having to go back in with electric drills, saws, god knows what else when finally ......   pop... out it came, the lil pieces that were left in there.  

I'm thinking this is going to be a LONG night from hell.  Most of us have had toothaches and historically I don't do well with these.  I'm waiting for my pain med prescriptions which ... I wouldn't get.  She tells me to basically take it easy the next 72 hours, dry socket possibilities, rip out the suture possibilities, etc, etc.. you name it.  Meds?  Take some Ibuprofen and Tylenol every 4 hours...  WTF?  You're kidding right? Give me the good stuff!

Well, yesterday followed her orders and no issues in the evening.  Took some more before calling it a night just knowing it was going to be a long night, brutal Tuesday.  Soooooooooo...  here I am typing in disbelief.  Slept like a baby.  As I type this it's been about 18 hours with ZERO pain.  Zilch.  Lil weird with my tongue touching that 'soft' are where there used to be a tooth ... but...  that's it.   

Really hoping my luck continues on this one.  Going in to an eye doc in a few hours for some old man shit (beginning a process of getting a cataract corrected), and with my luck we'll have an issue.  Or not.. .maybe my luck has  changed?  LOL

Pain Free... I like ths






Comments