Birthday in Palm Springs....

 Well, that was a new adventure for me.   Wife and Daughter have done Palm Springs for girl weeks, but my first time here.  Needed a place to meet up with our daughter and her fiancée.  Needed  a place we could bring Peanut.  A place where they could bring their dogs.  Mama recommended Palm Springs, so I'm in!    One could probably argue it was the wrong time of the year... but... it worked!


Twenty hour drive in Big'Un, with a stop near the NM/AZ border for the night and we're there!    Really wasn't too bad.  We drove to San Diego this past December and this was a notch shorter.   By the early afternoon of Day 2, we're rolling in an hour or so before my daughter got there.  Her fiancée would roll in later that evening.   We've prearranged for groceries to show up and hour after we do, so that evening, I've got the grill going and kicking out some juicy burgers.  Score!   Lil time around the pool, catching up .. and .... I'm beat.  'Nite!

Next day will be the beginning of a daily trend.  Coffee by the pool, catch up on work via email/laptop, dip in the pool, catch up with my daughter and Corbin, lunch by the pool, maybe a nap in the lounger, head out for dinner, back for some TV .... zzzzz. Gotta tell you, got addicting! Though it was upwards of 115 during the day, in the shade it rocked.  The pool was actually cool (87?) and rocked. Sky was blue and perfect.  Hurricane Hillary (Tropical Storm by the time it got here) came through two days prior with no damage.  Never enough time with my baby girl, but over a period of five days got in some great quality time.   Tuesday morning was my B'day and Jess and Lucy had picked up some awesome cakes to be devoured.  Daughter got me a great Hells Angel book, mama got me a new top of the line killer front pocket wallet... and ... I'm a  year older.  On a positive note.... not only got to hang with my girls, but I'm better shape than I've been in years.  Feel like I've turned back the clock a notch.  I'll take it. Corbin left the night before and by noon, Jess is headed back towards the coast.   Soon ... just mama and I.

Nice relaxing day .. evening .. then we're soon packed up and rolling.  We could have easily left Tuesday afternoon when my daughter rolled out ..but ...  Wednesday it is.  About 650 miles later, we pull into the same Marriott hotel we stayed at headed west, and relaxing for the next day's 850 miles.   Before dark yesterday, we're rolling up to the house in Tejas, relaxed and refreshed.  Mama does her share of the driving, and allows me to catch a few winks to put the majority of miles on. 

Around 3,000 miles in a week's time frame....we're To/From Cali and back in Tejas.  Another B'day in the books ;)

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/766009964909658695


My Girls


'laxin

Motley Crew

Jess's babies

Each piece was huge...   pictures don't do them justice

The 'nutt


'Laxin, Lucy and I



Yes... was a great time










Comments