Insurance options

 Over the years, I've wrote about Life Insurance several times.  My biggest pet peeve is that folks don't do the f'n minimal to take care of their loved ones if they die from an accident or natural causes.  Especially ... self induced accidents (ex. Motorcycle at high speed).

But... something happened last week that got me to thinking about the other .. insurances. If you have a family ... people.... that depend on your income.. livelihood....   think about the options you NEED to have in place. Medical Insurance is the most obvious.  Most of us do.  If it's inadequate... or non-existent... FIX it.  I'm not an expert here, but the bottom line is ... if shit goes south, we find ourselves in a hospital for an extended stay .. and we have folks that depend on that paycheck of ours......   you'd better have a plan in place!!!!   I'm seeing a situation now that has me cringing.. shook to the core...   with a family .. a new born in the mix.. and the dad, is in a hospital for no fault of his own.  Now, we 've got fundraisers in place .. because... mistakes were made.  Lack of planning?  I don't know .... but ... if all the pieces were in place, a fundraiser wouldn't be needed?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking.. SHORT TERM DISABILITY.  LONG TERM DISABILITY. Me personally I have supplemental polices for medical in case my main insurance doesn't cover everything.  I realize this shit can get expensive, but ... what about the family members in deep shit when the care giver is laid up and no $$ coming in?  Hundreds of thousands in medical bills piling up?

Damned it.....  DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  NOW,  if folks rely on you.

p.s.  Don't forget that Term Life Insurance either 


Great Overview of disability options:  https://www.guardianlife.com/disability-insurance/long-term-vs-short-term




Comments