Day 3 of my new Journey.. I really believe it's achievable this time around. I think I've had to overcome a few mental roadblocks. The first being .. i like being BIG! I spent my 20's 'wishing' I was 6'6 and 275. Then several years ago.. I went past the 275 mark... then 280..290.. and 305. A deep, dark part of me liked it! I knew I was as big as a football lineman. My arms had finally hit 20' .... but, one problem. That wasn't all muscle and when I saw a photo of me at 305..and had to buy a new pair of dress pants due to the waist size... ... not good! ... that was the beginning of this ...

Two years ago, I dropped down to 275 and felt great , but still had 10-20 lbs of fat to lose. Last year, I allowed it to happend again... I climbed up to 295 and thought here we go again. Currently I'm at 288 and looking 'down' as this continues.

Here's the kicker.... I don't want to weigh 218 like I do in these pics ( circa '86). At least I don't think I do!. I've spent my life, since 14 , building muscle. I'm not a 'natural' in the sense that it packs on easy. I never felt I had the genes , so I never pursued bodybuilding ( though I was in several competitions). In '87 I considered the steroid route, but thank goodness, the military then pronounced steroid use as illegal, and of course, that was no longer a future option. I didn't 'really' want to go that route; they just made the decision easier.

So now, I'm getting back on track. The problem is.. I've put on over a hundred pounds of muscle since I first touched a weight and I don't want to lose an ounce of it! Dieting for me is tough since I'm working on eliminating 'fat only' and can't do anything too drastic.

That all being said... I'm slowly convincing myself that life wasn't so bad at the weight I use to carry ( 240 off season)...... I need to lean out... I just don't know where the final weight will be. I believe I'm carrying over 25lbs of 'fat' currently.. so that puts me at around 260. I believe, with my current muscle mass, my 'perfect' weight could be close to 250 now... won't know till I get there.

What I really care about is being 'ripped' or lean. So, the body weight doesn't really matter.. .but the pants size will be an awesome beni' :) I believe when I get close , I'll be wearing all my 38's again and they will be 'loose' when I get near/at my target 'shape'. 36's were loose back in the day and I could sometimes sneak into 34's..... looking forward to that day..

Day 3... here we come..

Posted by Picasa

Comments

RickkciR said…
didn't make it :( But back in the saddle agaiN!