Who's got the nicest bike?



I’ve got a secret to tell… I like my bike better than yours


As most know, I’m fanatical about Indian Motorcycles.  I also like Harleys…  and Vic’s .. and Triumphs.. and many other makes / models.   Some bikes have a cool rake that draws me in. Some, their paint job.  Some, the OEM add-ons.  Some their aftermarket add-ons.  Some, their custom pieces.

But, here’s the kicker.  If that’s what I wanted, whether that be their bike, or your bike…. I would get it.  I would customize it equal or better.  That’s the way I’m wired. 
I have a bad habit of over thinking things sometimes.   Never being happy.  You know, hand the bike to someone to customize exactly as I requested, and then wonder… “What if I had done this differently?’. “Why didn’t it do it ‘that’ way?”...   And sometimes, I redo things, bigger and better. Then... rethink it all over again.

But, I ride what I ride because that’s what I want/like.   And, for the most part, I’m fairly quiet about it.  I enjoy the compliments as we all do, once in a while.  But, I didn’t buy and/or modify it for someone else, I did it for me.   Sometimes I enter into a small bike show.  I’ve got plenty of trophies, some best of show, to validate I made a decision in purchasing/modifying that many other agree with.  But for every person that loves a bike, there’s a hater out there as well.  You’ll never satisfy everyone, so do it for yourself.  Then ride the hell out of it. Enjoy it.   

I remember being up in Sturgis in ’13 and sitting on the new Spirit Lake Indians.  They had three new models, each available in 3 different colors.  So, if you wanted a new bike, you had nine choices.  Classics, Vintage and Chieftan.  Classic had a coolness to it, almost a bar bike look.  I prefer the Gilroy and KM Vintage profile and overall look to the SL Vintage.  The Chieftain took a few days to grow on me, and quickly became my fav' after a few days. Then, the colors. Only three options, but you could change it up (i.e. custom paint) from there if you chose to.   I didn’t like the color red that the new bikes were in.  I didn’t like the color blue either. That left black.   That wasn’t my first choice in my mind prior to seeing them in person,  until I saw one optioned out in a fashion that stood out on its own. That became my dream, my goal.  I’ve surpassed that initial goal and still dreaming of how to make it nicer, as most of us do.  But, guess what.  I chose the color black because the other two colors didn’t do it for me.  Considered a two tone aftermarket paint job along the way, but realized I prefer it in the color it is today … black. Period.

So, feel free to post pics and videos of your bike all over the ‘net, in forums and groups and social media. Its good that you like it......   but....

I like mine better

Comments