Working out: 3 weeks in ...

Normally, by now after an extended break, I'm well into the routine.   Of course, after a month of throwing around heavy weights, I start to remember why I had to quit working out, with some of the joints flaring up and causing issues.

I've taken way too many layoffs from the gym over the last 40 years, but one thing I've learned well is how to ease back into working out, without pushing your muscles too hard, too early, then screaming the first week (s) about the pain and soreness.

However, I'm three weeks back in  , starting to find my groove, but, haven't found my mojo.  I'm just not feeling it!  I believe it's because I'm sticking with the lighter weights, higher reps.  Also, I haven't broke up my body parts yets; I'm still doing minimal weight, sets and high reps, for all body parts, in a single workout. 

Next week, I'll split this up into a push/pull , twice a week routine.  That should kick things in a lil'.  Addtionally, I've done ZERO aerobic type exerciese.   1 FEB, I'll start working in a few days of that , to kick in the metabolism.

Slow going, staying healthy, slowly losing weight, slowing gaining back strength.

Comments