Get a Job

I remember almost twenty years ago this subject came up.   Young guy walks in to his Dads' house and says " I can't find a job" .   Now, me being me, I throw my opinion out there.  I said something along the lines of "If I needed a job today, I'd have two of them tomorrow" .  Point being, I'd do whatever it took to put food on the table.  Doesn't mean I'd be making what I am today.  But I'd be employed if that's what it took.  Period.  Since then I've had numerous conversations with numerous folks over the years.  "I can't find a job."   "Nobody is hiring" .. blah blah blah.  I call .. BULLSHIT.  The real problem is, people don't want to do what they perceive is 'below' them.  Simple as that.  Hey, I don't want to flip burgers either .... but again... if that's what it took, I'd also ask if you wanted fries with it.  

Today my pool guy shows up.   Awesome guy that we've been using for over a year, on a weekly basis. Turns out, all but one of his crew have bailed on him.   He doesn't have a management issue.  He doesn't have a leadership issue.   He's got an issue with lazy
employees.  He's got an issue with a potential lazy workforce.   Once the weather turned cool and leaves were falling, the losers bailed.  Now, the interesting part.  He's advertised in the local paper.  On FB. Word of mouth.  Because he can't find anyone (that speaks English as a first language) to want to earn an honest paycheck.  He's had to reduce his customers to a manageable point.  He has a successful small business, that provides ALL employees a three day weekend , every week .. but can't find good employees.

But yet, there are folks out there taking government subsidies for various reasons that could work.. but ..  well.. they can't find a job.   There are folks whining to Mommy and Daddy right now as I type this, that they can't find a job.

America 2017.   What a joke

Comments