Dead Biker + No Money = Jerk





Over the last several years, just about every time I see a fundraiser for a fallen biker that leaves behind their loved ones in financial dire straits... it pisses me off.   REALLY pisses me off when the guy was riding a high dollar bike, making payments on it, and now.... the family doesn't have any money to put the jerk in the ground... so .. I tend to post those opinions on Social Media.  Saw a different slant of a post tonight that got me thinking about all this again.

"I'm not real good with comebacks...mine are usually in the daddy joke category and somewhat lame. So...I'm counting on some smart ass creative old grays to give me some ideas for a phrase I'm sure you all have heard. Some financial advice I've recently received goes something like this: "You should sell your motorcycles and use the money for life insurance" (Here it comes) "you're not getting any younger you know". So what would any of you say in response?"

My first lil joke / comment was " "without the bike, one ain't living life"  .. but ..  it stirred up the ol' thoughts ... got me thinking about my old posts.. so I dug 'em up and posted it there.  We'll see how that goes over ... what did  I post?  Dug 'em up from the archives

POST 1

 Life Insurance. I've written on this subject in the past...couple of recent events got me to thinking about it again.

We ride. We take chances. It's part of the game. Most of us have people that depend on us. Knowing that, we must ensure we leave those folks in an equal place, and not in financial straights to make ends meet, with us gone. Several times recently, I've seen situations where family members can't even afford the burial expenses, much less the financial obligations their future has in store for them

Make sure you have finances in check. For most of us, basic term life insurance, low cost, with a moderate pay out level will keep those we may leave from drowning in debt. This applies to everyone obviously; but especially those of us that pursue a riskier lifestyle.

It's our responsibility......okay.....off my soap box 



POST 2

Here I go again....

If something happened to you ... today .. tomorrow... would others that depend on you , be in a bad financial place?

If so.... stop what you are doing right now and do something about it. Get off your computer .. off your smart phone.. turn off the TV.. the video game... whatever .. and friggn' do something about it. No one .. should be left worrying how they are going to put food on the table .. make the house payment .. pay for your funeral . No one .

Term Life Insurance. Don't argue with me about which type of Insurance is best , if you don't even have any . Just .. do it 


POST 3

 We all ride motorcycles. .. you've got an adequate insurance policy, right? If not, park the bike.... and go get a low cost term life insurance policy....today...now...

I just checked .. Example: 30 year old male, $500,000.00 ( yes .. you read that right ) ... for $19/mo ( yes.. you just read that right ) ... For the cost of a case a beer , or 1/2 a bottle of Jack Daniels ( me and JD are best friends..) ... we can do the right thing for those that depend on us...


 

Comments

Firemandave79 said…
Folks don't like to think about it, Hell I'm young, well not me but you get the point, seems we all come to grips with our mortality at different stages of our life, Me I am in a risky profession, but still only around 100 Fire Fighters die in the line of duty on any given year, how many motorcyclists die each year, how many die in car wrecks? To not have some form of life insurance, even if it is just what it takes to put you in the ground is the ultimate form of selfishness. It is tantamount to saying I will just pass on this burden to some one else, maybe even some one I love.