Riding Weather .... finally

Okay ...   yes .. I've been out on the bikes 1/2 dozen times this year, but only for short jaunts.   Weather was in the 50s or 60s, no rain...  in the mood to take a quick run for an errand . .. I'm in!   But today ...   you knew ...    Winter is gone.  Of course a Texas Winter is mild compared to most areas of the country.  We can ride year round, but still.. we have some crappy weather rolling in once in awhile.. and ...   freezing temps make their way in sometimes.....    but today ..  yeah .. today .. gave a glimpse of what is to come. Game on!  Sunny and 70s.

Thunder Chief Shop
I haven't ridden my Road Glide in what seems forever.   After taking it to Daytona Bike Week and the Lone Star Rally ... apparently I didn't get it cleaned up good enough.  It's got a notch of corrosion in several areas that have pissed me off and I found myself ... well... leaving it parked.  But today Ifired the beast up  and brought it to life.  With a 120R that pushes over 132HP to that rear tire, it's an animal.   Got it over to the water spigot and got the grime off it.  Aired up the tires and I was off for a 50 mile ride to McKinney at a shop I've become aware of as of late.   Full Service, swap out some chrome pieces and she should look like 'new'.  I'm guessing this lil' snafu will set me back a chunk of change but I'll be putting some miles on it this year.   Recently joined the CVMA and I'll probably do most of my riding with them on this one when two up. One of Lucy's fav' bikes so .. it's time.

After caging it back home, back to the grind in the office,  and ... then...  it's time.  Throw a leg over the Gray Horse and I'm off!   Off to BottleCap for 1/2 price wings and $2 draws.  How can you pass
that up?   Weather is perfect.  I've got a long sleeve tee shirt on and the leather vest; no jacket needed tonight. After a few cold ones, Jimbo and I roll down the street to meet some friends to throw back some more cold ones and enjoy a few stogies.   Jim has also got the Dirty Bird pipe on his bike so with the two of us sporting these, it sounds awesome.  Deep n' Loud, but not obnoxious. A rolling deep concert.   After a six pack of Dos Equis it's time to head home.   Temps are now in the 60s.  We've got a clear sky.  The two lanes are beckoning me so I follow Jim most of the way back towards his place, grabbing some serious throttle both doing well over 110, then on to the country roads, taking the long way home.   God , I love this time of year.   Riding Weather.   It's here!!!!



Comments