Coasters....

Whew.. pissed off a few unintentionally. Imagine, if I had tried intentionally how much chaos I could have caused?

Now ... .. I have to admit, had this gone down differently .... I might have deleted my comment. Might have even given a weak apology to sooth over sore butts.. but, not now.  Yesterday was humorous, today I sip my java and type away here, tomorrow I move on.

Friend of mine shared off on social media a pic from a year ago.  Now here's the deal; the real deal.  No matter what patch the guy standing there was wearing ... I'd have made the similar/same joke.  " Schooling the xxxxx? Bahaha"   If that had been an HD patch or HD related group or club,  I'd had referenced it,  in a smart ass way.  If it had been on any various Indian related patches (it was) I'd make the joke.  If it'd been a pic of his mom on the back.. well... I'd made a mommy reference.   That all being said, apparently not everyone appreciates my sense of humor?

Back in 2014 I joined a group based around a specific brand of motorcycle.  As of 1 Jan '15 I was officially in it.. hell, I was #17, wife was #18.  Funny thing is.. my wife didn't care or want to join; but I signed her up.  By the time I received the paperwork and patches, I was rethinking the whole process. Upon seeing the patch itself, I made a decision right then and there no way I'd put that on my vest.  I didn't like the look of the patch then. Still don't.  First thing I thought .. that came out of my mouth was 'COASTER' .. looked like a coaster to me; you know.. something you'd design on something, to set your beer on.  I won't print here what my wife said about the patch; lets just say she wasn't a fan.  One month later, we'd hit a bump in the road with some folks within the group that led me to 'walk away' from the group 100%.  But hey ...  to me .... it's jut a patch.  My membership (well .. ex membership). My patches (they all still reside in a folder with the charter member certificates , membership cards and bylaws). And, it's my opinion.  Coaster is what I call it.  Is that a derogatory term?  No. I used it in pure humor .. often.   But apparently it is to some.

Well...  the real issue.  My actual post was " Schooling the Coaster? Bahaha"  I have no idea who the guy standing there is.  I recognized the patch.  I made the joke.  The gal who's page it is then said "
"You are SO bad 😂😂.."   Now, before that reply .. have to admit, I'd forgotten about the comment I'd made. I'll admit I'd thought to myself ..   "if that guy standing there in the pic sees my comment... he might get a lil pissy".  But, no matter who was standing there.. wearing whatever.. I'd have made the joke.  It's called Humor.. Sunday morning,  I'm into my 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee when my phone lights up via FB messenger with screen shots.  Apparently, someone took it all a lil too serious and .. to them, it was game on. They screen-shot'd the first one with comments intact, posted it on their page with their own heading of "Guess this post was supposedly meant for everyone to see?... Carry on!!  I'll help you share it so we all can see what kind of person you are ..... This better? "  Well, this right here, reminded me quickly ... why I no longer associate with the individual that said that.  Come on .. really?  He could have reached out to her and had a private discussion.  You know ... he could have reached out to me and asked me nicely .. "wtf" .. or whatever.. and I'd probably have deleted it depending on how the conversation went.  But ...not how it went down.  Eventually, that post of his, of hers, would come down. It's not there now.  But ...  sadly... it was now game on , in the original post.  Comments started ...    all lucky 13 of them.  Now .. it was only 5 of us ..   back and forth.  One guy who commented with no care in the world , deleted his comment and changed his tune.  The Other guy who posted on his own page, had his wife join in the mix.  And .. because the damage was done...  I'll just archive it all right here.  


Me:" Whaaaat... ? Sorry...first thing that came to mind. Not from Cali or Fla? ;)"

BG: "Rick Kcir , Why on Earth would anyone make fun of another’s patch?"
 

Me: "BG... I didn't. I refer to it as a coaster. Always have from day 1. Its round. Just my slang term for it"

CE: "BG Narcissist"

(BLOG Reply :  Narcissist?  You're kidding right?  Your hubby is closer to the crap than I am.  Me ... we all know.. I'm a Dick.  Go back to my blog on this subject back in late '17.  Some of your hubby's traits may be there  >>>  https://rickkkcir.blogspot.com/2017/10/20-characteristics-of-con-man-sociopath.html )

BG: "Rick Kcir , I would prefer you use the term xxx patch. We find your term derogatory. Thanks"

(BLOG Reply:  Really?  Who's WE?  The two .. I mean .. three of you?)

Me "BG.... not sure which is worse... my joke that offended or the comments here and elsewhere."

BG: "Rick Kcir , Just the coaster remarks."


BE "BG, I'm proud of the Rider you are.... Ride with you anytime!!"

(BLOG Reply:  omg .. give it a rest .  Now that you got him to delete his initial didn't care comment and chime in like he's hurt...   gotta' go on n' on... nauseating)

TS " Hmmmm...... there is obviously some thin skin here, or someone hasn't had their morning coffee. What an ignorant way to blow a comment made in jest out of proportion. This post has nothing to do with BG's riding ability, nor does it have anything to do with insulting the xxx patch. I wear multiple patches and ride with multiple groups.... to include both xxx and XXXX. Trust me.... both patches have nicknames associated with them, and I have heard the names from both sides. Everyone has messenger just like I do, blast it out amongst yourselves (like you obviously have no problem blasting me on it). BE... you messaged me with the comment "Pretty sad TS". I'm not sure what that refers to, since you have offered no other explanation. I refuse to make anything more of this post or the "coaster" comment for anything other then what it intended... it's called HUMOR. Lighten up. "

(BLOG Reply:  Ummm.. exactly)

BG "TS, I enjoyed your post. That was a fun day. Glad we are friends and you are a member of the xxx. We sure collected a lot for charities the last few years. Fun stuff! "

TS "Absolutely BG.... definitely a great day and memory, was a lot of fun! And hopefully there will be more in the future."

BE " TS if you dont find Rick Kcirs comment as pretty sad then so be it..Why did you even put your so bad under his comment?.....Go ahead Humor away... I dont see any xxx member blasting away at an XXXX patch publicly....As a matter of fact, we have alot of dual members in our Association... "

(BLOG Reply:  smh.  give it a rest).

Few more thoughts on the subject.....   

First, as time goes on, I less and less ...  'blindly' have allegiance to any group or association.  I've seen so much bullshit the last 1/2 decade that has brought that about.  I may lean hard towards a certain association (ex : the "XXXX" that I belong to but blanked out of the blog post ) or two ...  I may have some tight friendships within the organizations.. but I also have some good friendships with folks that belong to the 'xxx' referenced here.  Every organization has some great people in them.  And the opposite is true.  Point being, just because someone is wearing the same patch on their vest as me... doesn't mean they get a free pass.  Hell, the "coaster' group I'm referencing has some really good folks in it.  They do some good things.  Many of them ride together and have a good time.  But that doesn't give a few within it .. a free pass ( Re-read conservation above?).    Sadly, and maybe a good thing 80+% (95%?) of the folks within it are unaware of all BS that dates back a half decade or so.   And ... if someone hadn't gotten their panties in a wad yesterday .. I wouldn't be typing this . I wouldn't . still .. be getting texts from folks literally laughing their asses off over it all.   Hell, I had a nice conversation with a buddy of mine who's with the xxx last night ; he had seen the initial posts and my comment.. and thought nothing of it. Nothing.  Hell, he didn't 'get' the coaster comment.  No drama .. no bs.  just moved on.

Still, I've decided to be nicer moving forward .  I'll attempt to refrain from using the term 'COASTER' publicly so we can all get along and not get in virtual arguments.   About an hour ago, had someone ask me about the 'coaster club' comment I made...   and then it occurred to me.  I'll use the acronym CC from now on... so folks don't get butt hurt? 

Now... I know .. I know .. few folks are thinking .. "WTF!?   You put a spin on this! You're acting all innocent and you're not!"  Maybe.. it's my blog.  I was in the mix a 1/2 decade ago and know exactly wtf went down and what is still ongoing behind the scenes.  So, I guess my sense of humor, ain't quite like most, on certain subjects.  Still, all the info above is factual.  Copy/Pasted.  I deleted names and used abbreviations to protect the innocent.. or... the guilty?  I 'hid' two association names to minimize the drama.   But like I said early on here .... few folks went off the deep end, so ...  here's my comeback version.   My rebuttal so to speak






The Sheep herds continue to grow....  




















Comments