Looking back at 2019

Man .. what a blur ..  well, in a good way!

Professional / work life had a some crazy ups and downs with good news and bad news.  When the smoke cleared, everything was still on track but damned if it didn't get my blood pressure up a notch and get my focus.  Looking back on it, one of my most productive years ever.  Still, I'd like 2020 to be a lil less stressful .... please?

My motorcycle world was a busy one as has been the last decade.  Rode KROME to Daytona and back; well with a pit stop for a starter issue that required the motor to get yanked (under warranty).  Then Rides to the IIRA Reunion in the Hill Country and a Wolf Rally in Minnesota.  Rides to CVMA State, but missed Regionals and Nationals. Headed to Hot Springs where we KRUSHED the old record for most Indian Motorcycles in a parade.  Then to top off the year, pulled Sugar B' down to Galveston for one final good time at LSR. Picked up a '47 Indian Chief then sold it within weeks to my Brother Dick in MN.  Then, bought a 2008 Chieftain from Kiwi Indian; the only one in existence.

In the Jeep world, ordered exactly as we wanted it, a JLU for mama.  Then dropped it off at MEO for some major light upgrades and extend-able steps.  Now, mama has a true one of a kind. Picked up a used TJ to go play in the dirt, mud and rocks.  Even picked up a trailer to put it on, so I can beat the shit out of it and not worry about how I get it home!  Now, it's time to go find some stomping grounds on it and tear it up a lil.

In the Gun World, my interest continues to grow .... so to speak.  In 2020, I need to start putting in some serious time at the range. 'Nuff said.

Family wise got to visit with folks out in Mississippi for a small reunion.  My Brother in Law is dealing with some issues and it served as a great reason for many of us to get together.  Hell, I hope we all do it again in 2020, aside from the previous reasons.  Got to get out to SoCal to visit my baby girl. Mama's Family comes down to Grenville and Galveston to visit a few time s a year.  And, a jaunt to Utah for some awesome snowmobiling and great times with my other Brother n' Law on mama's side and my nephew.   Wow, that all in itself .. .. would have a full year for most?

Mexico.  Sometimes I consider moving there.  We went there multiple times, leveraging all inclusives and AirBnB.  Deep down, I love that place.  But if I move there, I can't help but think I'd be bored. So for now...  I tease myself with the thoughts and visit often.  We've already got at least two trips on the books for 2020.

We were supposed to be in Florida the whole month of December and I'd work from Ft Myers beach, but we had to put that on hold again .. and again .. and finally before Christmas threw in the towel.  My back is acting up once again and I'm in search of a better solution.

Like a said.  What a friggn' blur!  I'm sure 2020 won't be like that (that was dripping with sarcasm).  I always say that.  And yet...   here we go ... again.  2020, bring it on!  Several motorcycle trips, a Caribbean islands' cruise WITH the motorcycle, IIRA event, CMVA events, Jeep trip to the coast, Nashville with friends ...     2020, may be a blur? 

Git R Done!



Comments