The jouney of my ... back : Part II

Crazy how just a few days ago, seems like a lifetime ago.   The last two months have been an interesting one to say the least, but here I sit feeling 'normal' as I type this.  I know I'm far from it, but pain is ...   Well, I'm fine.  Nothing.  Nada.

Last week I finally had my first appointment for Physical Therapy and what they have prescribed is working.  Tomorrow I go back in for followup and additional exercise(s) I'm sure.  But the sciatica BS has suddenly subsided which was my nightmare.   There is no doubt in my mind I've still got the L5 protruding disc, or ....an issue with the piroformis muscle....   kicking off issues with the sciatica nerve ( pain!).  But , no symptoms.

I tend to over analyze things.  Think of it as a 'lesson learned' process to ensure I don't repeat the same BS.  But what's gone through my mind is, could I have solved my previous issues, with the knowledge I have today?   Over the last three decades, I've gone to docs only to leave with muscle relaxers and directions to take it easy for a few days.  The last few years I've utilized chiropractors as necessary to accelerate getting back on my feet.  But until now, I've never had a team of experts tell me what the problem is and a potential roadmap / solution. 

Now, is the problem gone?  Well, probably not. Will I be able to keep it all in check?  Well, I hope so.  At least for the first time, I have a visual... a perspective .. into what the actual issue is and how to prevent it from rearing its ugly head again. Will I be successful?  Time will tell



Great basic exorcise to get a disc back in position






Comments