The First Debate - Election 2020

That was hard to watch ......

I'd never been a hard core "Trump" Supporter.  When I used to watch 'The Apprentice' I questioned Trumps' actions back then.  Yet, I came back for more and more.  I enjoyed seeing the 'real sides' of people come out when put to the test; especially the celebrities.   Got quite a few surpirses over the years.  I was sometimes impressed by Trumps decisions. What I respected was he didn't take shit and made a decision with the words "You're Fired".  Bam!   Didn't always agree, but ... respected the process.

During the Primaries of the last election, I never thought he'd make it to the 'end'.  I'd snicker the way he handled himself sometimes, but again .... never in my wildest dreams thought he'd be the Republican front runner.  I was a Herman Cain fan and wanted to see him get to the White House, but he got derailed with all the hammering from the MSM on his past.  Then, I voted for Ted Cruz.  But when the smoke cleared .... we had Donald Trump representing the Republican Party.

The Dem's chose Hillary.  Hillary wasn't an option for me.  I, as do many others, felt she should be in jail much less running for POTUS.  The Clinton scandals.  Benghazi.  All negated her for POTUS in my mind.  But what really pushed me over the edge was the email server mess.  She had a private server and had over 30k emails 'disappear?' .  I've had a Security Clearance since 1980.  At times carried a TS SCI / TK clearance.  If I'd done that with email, pushing official email, much less classified.. .I'd have been stripped of my clearances and ... in Leavenworth.  But this vermin was running for POTUS on the Democratic ticket.   I believed if she'd been elected, we might have a revolution of sorts; a civil war.  She should have been in the jail, but the alleged criminal was running for office... and .. getting away with it all.  Still is.

When it came time for the elections I had only once choice; Donald Trump for President.  Listening to him in public had me cringing often, but what other choice did we have?  A few months later, we had a new POTUS; President Donald Trump.  Since then, I've become a huge fan.  Not of him so much as a person, but what he's accomplished.  I still cringe sometimes when he speaks, but ....  when the smoke clears, he's done the right thing(s).  Gets the Mission Accomplished.  Follows through with his promises.  Almost four years later, he brought this country back to some of it's former glory with Patriotism,  a pride restored for many in this country and what it stands for.  Brought the economy storming back and further in some ways, that it's ever been.  All while the left, have been attempting to sabotage him in every way imaginable.

Now, I have nothing but Respect for him. What he's achieved in the last 45 months or so, is incredible despite all odds.  Can one imagine where this country would be, if Congress had acted in the best interests of this great nation, vs split on pretty much ever issue they face?  If they (Dems) hadn't spent almost 4 years doing pretty almost nothing but sabotaging the POTUS?  Imagine how many less COVID related deaths, and how much better the economy would be if all the states had worked with the federal government to minimize the results of the worst pandemic we've dealt with in a hundred years?  Instead, many peoples financial lives have been ruined and many more will be.  But, it could have been worse if they truly had their way.  Sadly, it didn't have to be.  Instead, almost everything about the Pandemic has been politicized.

With a few months to go, we finally got to see Biden without a teleprompter.  Without sunglasses.  Without a mask.  I'll be the first one to say I watched the debate to see if he could finish a sentence. If he'd drool on himself.  If they'd have to lead him off the stage after 90 minutes.  Overall, he pulled it off. Well, if you don't count the misinformation (lies?).  His continual studdering as he tried to remember numbers and facts and history. Hell, just to finish a thought/sentence.  BTW, any see the follow pics where it looks like he was mic'd up?  Not sure if that is true or not...  I mean, wouldn't he still need an ear piece?  But .. everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.

President Trump had the opportunity to completely bury Joe Biden, but he blew it sadly.  Had he just let him have his two minute sessions, Biden no doubt would have blundered and shown his true side.  Instead President Trump went for the kill I believe.  No doubt, he was expecting Biden to stumble and mumble his way into a black hole within that 90 minute period. I believe that was his game plan with all the interrupting.  But somehow Joe made it to the end.  Sadly, it made President Trump look like a bully.  Frustrated many of us that wanted to hear BOTH sides make their points.  In retrospect, he should have let Biden make an ass out of himself.  Instead, he gave that illusion of himself, to others.  Seeing him that night, reminded me of the Trump I didn't think would make it into the White House back in '16.  He's better than that and one can hope his handlers convince him to back off during the next two debates.  Let folks here him recount the successes of the last several years.  The greatness he can guide this country to over the next four years.

I found myself wishing there was a way to turn off mic's during the debate.  Now, they may actually do this during the next two.  My concern is .. it will get abused.  Turned into a weapon of sorts by a biased individual at the helm of it's control.

Thirty three more days or so until the 2020 Nov Election.  Then the next nightmare begins.... the Ballots.  The  Fraud.  The Protests.  The Riots... and then...... what?   We shall see .....



Comments