CVMA NATIONALS 2021 : Iron Butt / LRPP?

 I made it to Nationals in 2018 out in El Paso few months after I'd joined.  Wasn't too bad a ride, 750 miles each way.  I rode with Dutch and Maestro that trip and we knocked them out in a day each way.  The miles weren't that bad, but the heat was!

In 2019, Nationals was in Idaho and I almost made the run; had reservations and all, that I had to canx.  That one was about 1600 miles each way so it had me thinking .. Iron Butt? Now, the 2021 event is on the horizon, about 1400 miles away... so of course, I have the same thought process.

In 2015, I did a pair of 1150 runs to / from Sturgis in 20 hours each.  In 2018, I did a 1035 mile run to MN in about 16 hours.   For that last one, I knocked out the Saddle Sore 1000 with the Iron Butt Association (IBA).  The next patch/ride would be the Bun Burner 1500.  Two options exist; Silver/30 hrs and Gold/24hrs.   So, if I stay healthy and my head is in the game next year. I'm shooting for Gold. If I stumble along the way and miss window, Silver it is.  I'll have to take a longer route to stretch it to 1500 miles, but at least it's all highway and quicker.

LRPP.   This is the CVMA's version of the Saddle Sore 1000.  I'll be able to knock out both, with one punch!

QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible to purchase the National LRRP patch you must be a CVMA® Member and meet the following criteria within a calendar year:

FINISH THE MISSION (FTM): Single award per calendar year for riding to OR from the National Annual Meeting. The member must ride 1,000 miles (or farther) within a single 24-hour period either to OR from the CVMA® National Annual National Meeting.

2021 ... time to raise the bar.  Hotel Reservations made.   Pre Registration for the event, done. Just need to setup Mama's flights and...   see if anyone else wants to .. push the envelope?

 

 



Comments