New Pool : MS Home

 About a month or so ago ... I came around to the idea of a pool at the new Vaca' Home in MS, on the Gulf Coast.  At first I was like "hell no!" but it gets hot there as well during the summer months , we have a large back yard, we just sold our second home in Galveston (avail pool funds!) and ....  last trip down the more I looked around, the more pools I saw.  Screw it .. I'm in!

This is a change-up for us in contrast to our Greenville, TX pool we put in about 20 yrs ago.   This one has a modern look.  Rick n' Holly just put one in and I hate to admit it ...but.. this one looks really similar. It wasn't intentional but  I do love their pool so maybe that lined up a few brain cells on my part.  On the Pool Company's web site they had a few that caught our eye.. and ...  similar to the Dittel's pool.  So, we changed things up a lil, went 'all in' on a few features and it's begun.

I signed up with a down payment last trip to ensure we got on the 'list' for a mid-January start date.  Well, with great weather and some of their customers behind on permits, etc. ... we got a message the other day mentioning we moved up in the queue a few weeks.  Then two days ago, got the request to start right away.  Damned!  Last night they started marking the yard and this morning, starting digging.  Hell, as i type this 8 hours after they began, I can see they are preparing to lay rebar already. Holy Crap!

We went a lil over and beyond on this one.  Has a huge tanning/entry area (7'x20' approx).  It's 20'x40' overall with a 33' ledge to sit on under the waterfalls, which is 40' long.  Well, the wall is, with intermittent water falls.  I waffled on this one initially with the budget then said ' ah .. f'' it .. All In! Lets put in a heater ($$).  Also upgraded all the electronics to Bluetooth ($$).  The deck upgraded to travertine ($$).  The deck on the west (home) side is going to be large... 12'x'47'. Let's just say ...   it's become a money pit, in a good way.

So, they are going at it hard and I'm betting by Next Friday concrete and/or Gunite is pouring?  They state 6-8 weeks but ... I'm thinking less than 6 the way they are moving on this one!   

Updates to follow!

The Teaser when I signed up

 Real World pics!   Let the fun begin

Last night they do some basic measurements and mark it off

 


Progress after several hours
Six hour into it


DAY 2

PROGRESS!





DAY 3




One week in 





Plumbing goes in today





Close to finishing up the tiling on back wall and coping


Only 8 days into the project!






Comments