The Vaccine .... no choice

 I've been adamant I wasn't going to get this crap unless ..... I "had" to.  Well, since the company I work for is more than 100 employees and has Federal contracts... the Biden Federal mandate kicks in.

Well, opted not to get the Johnson & Johnson version ....   it appears to have a history of blood clots and other BS.  Opted for the Moderna; seemed the lesser of three evils.  Would have been nice to have one jab and be done though.  Hell, went all in .. got the season Flu shot at the same time; what could go wrong?   What pisses me off is I've had COVID.  Probably twice (didn't test the second time).  Probably had the antibodies as I got jabbed today.  But, nobody gives a fuck.  They don't check if you 'need' the vaccine.  Check if you've got 'herd immunity' .  Just 'comply'.  Science?   DC doesn't give a fuk' about SCIENCE.

Didn't have to do it.  Could have pulled the plug and retired, but ....... I'm not mentally ready to yet, but financially could.  Got one more milestone to achieve before I do that. But then, I'll probably set yet another goal? I could do it, but I guess I'm letting my ego get in the way..... almost where I want to be....    three more weeks until I get the next jab and then move on .. .assuming some fucking complication doesn't stick me in the ground or in a hospital bed.  Fuck Covid. Fuck the current administration.  

Biden administration gives federal contractors until Dec. 8 to comply with vaccine mandate

 UPDATE:  Meant to put this in the body of text above.  We always hear about people with 'pre-existing' conditions.  As I'm waiting for my shot I see some kid in line .. maybe 19 years old.  He's overweight ...  looks like he's never worked out in his life.  In my mind, a 'gamer.'   At 61, I'm in way better shape.  Next to him is a guy 2 years older than myself, his wife his handling everything.  Apparently, he's got a legit heart condition (they are worried about which flu shot to take) and looks completely out of shape; looks like he's never been in shape. I find myself thinking once again.. I'm in shape somewhat .... had COVID with no major issues ...    THESE folks need the vaccine .. not me.  But... here I sat putting myself at risk thanks to ol' Joe.  Yep .. pisses me off


 

Comments

Tim said…
Let’s Go Brandon!!! Same boat here, get the Fauci Ouchi or you’re out! FJB
RickkciR said…
And .. JAB#2 ... what a joke .. what a farce. But, still above grou8nd... as I would have, WITHOUT this crap